Maine Game Wardens

dasuriano

Sep 14, 2010
Colorado
I was watching North Woods Law last night and it looked like those wardens had some nice trucks. Anyone know what kind of set-up they normally have? Looked like a lot of interior bars from what I saw.

nhfirefighter

May 21, 2010
USA-New Hampshire
Most of the ones I see in southern Maine are GMC 1500 extended cabs. The usually have a pair of tir6 or lin6 500 lights in the grille. A single avenger at the rvm, lin3 or linz6 on each side in the rear window and a dominator 8 on the back. The also have hlf. Maine State police are also pretty minimal on their lighting. Their cars sport a dual avenger at the rvm, hlf, lin3 or linz6 on the side rear windows dominator8 in the back and front and rear haw strobes.

LED

May 25, 2010
New England, MA
A few trucks have full front visor lightbars. Not sure of the make though. One also has 2 TIR3's mounted to the backrack as the only rear warning besides TLF.

Apr 28, 2012
Knox County, ME
All of the Game Wardens and Marine Patrol in my Zone have Dual Dashking Strobes in the front, 700 Series Strobes on the back racks, Hidaways and headlight flashers, only the Sargent of MP has led so far. Only some of them have grill lights.

7996199426_fc99425e08.jpg

8224803617_4db41ff350_z.jpg

AKRLTW

Jan 21, 2012
AK/NV USA
Can't say that Alaska Department of Fish and Game isn't geared up well. Granted, they're actually State Troopers and being a Wildlife trooper is a duty position that some choose and some are assigned, but they're still "real Troopers" and just because they have a quad in the back of the pickup doesn't mean they won't tag you for (insert offense here) if they're in the area.

Equipment ranges from these

4765647044_99f78f6627_b_d.jpg

5720737116_114569bb41_b.jpg

to these

R-44sReindeerLake.JPG

AirplanesOnMountain.jpg

HeloN911AA.JPG

to this

Stimson.jpg

Buuut, most of the trucks are equipped pretty much standard. Hitch, small push bumper with extra white lights, slowly transitioning to LED lightbar with hideaways.

Last edited by a moderator:

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Looks like Alaska State Troopers are going with all new graphics and Liberty's this time and not those awful Code 3 bars. Plus LED "moose lights" with the Sedan's and Utility's

Alaska

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Eric1249 said:
Is there a reason that the hoods on the Alaska squads are flat black?
FireEMSPolice said:
I thought they were flat black so the sun doesnt blind the driver.
My guess is that this is a problem for Alaska in particular. For a large portion of the year, the sun stays at a low angle for a large portion of the day. That way glare isn't just a problem for half an hour or so at sunrise and sunset, it's a problem all day long. Being in a bright snowy environment doesn't help.

...Plus what the guy said about black absorbing heat to keep the engine warmer.

AKRLTW

Jan 21, 2012
AK/NV USA
Eric1249 said:
Is there a reason that the hoods on the Alaska squads are flat black?

Originally, it was due to radar. There was a black coating applied to the cruisers back in the day so it'd not get a false report.

Now, it's purely tradition as well as safety. Matte and Matte Black in particular don't reflect the sun... and the sun can spend hours and hours in view from your windshield. It's bad enough without getting the reflected sun sneaking under your sun visor.

coopers

May 21, 2011
WA
I like the Maine trucks. I didn't know about the show and started watching it yesterday. Not too little and not too much lighting. Our wildlife officer's trucks are nice as well. F150's with whelen lights. They used to have just a dual talon (R/B) in the front and one rear dual talon (B/A) in the back. Now they have LINZ6's all over with a dual talon up front (all R/B lights).

SamAdams911

Jun 1, 2010
New England
They're mostly LED down here in Southern Maine now. None of the state's vehicles are particularly well-lit, but it looks like they're slowly improving. They ran Blue/White Dash Kings, HAW's and twin side-beams for YEARS.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
im in love with the new Alaska State Trooper cars :thumbsup:

SnuffJ25

May 25, 2010
Penacook, NH
jcpse said:
I know that here in NH most of the F&G officer trucks have all strobes... because they are severely underfunded.

Wrong sir. You probably have seen the older trucks, which some are still floating around. Most of them are newer with LEDs. They have front and rear hideaways, dual talon on the headliner and LinZ6s on the side and rear mirrors. Actually not bad. Even their snowmobiles have TIR3s on them!

Joe

SnuffJ25

May 25, 2010
Penacook, NH
SamAdams911 said:
They're mostly LED down here in Southern Maine now. None of the state's vehicles are particularly well-lit, but it looks like they're slowly improving. They ran Blue/White Dash Kings, HAW's and twin side-beams for YEARS.

Yeah, weren't they halogen hideaways??

It seems like the newer trucks have a few variations. Most seem to have the Whelen interior lightbar with LED HAWs. The rear I've seen some with a Whelen D8s and others with Whelen TIR6s. I've seen some with LEDs in the grille and other without. Regardless, its a much improvement from what they used to be.

Joe

smackjack21

Aug 22, 2012
Upstate NY
Here in NY State, our guys run mostly Dodge Durango's, but there are a few tahoes and crown vics around. Forest Rangers have F250/350's and Supervisors have unmarked grand cherokees. They have decent lighting, mostly Whelen Libertys from what I've seen (on the newer vehicles)

spaceout.gif

spaceout.gif

spaceout.gif

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.