Making a Whelen Sapphire Sound Like a Touchmaster Delta

Heineken

Feb 20, 2021
Eastern USA
Hi y'all. I have a Whelen Sapphire siren controller, the one that's blue with the knob and eight switches on top. I've been messing around with the config and have got it now to sound sorta like a Federal Signal Touchmaster Delta. The only thing I don't like is the Alternate Wail on these things.

Here's a demo:

On the old CenCom Gold sirens they had an Alternate Wail on that bad boy but the tone is missing from the Whelen Command software. It was really similar to the wail on the Touchmaster Delta.

Anyone know what happened to that Alternate Wail on the CenCom Gold, and how to get it back? Or any tips on making the scan sound better?

Thanks!

Reactions: FusionWolf

RamCumminsFF

Dec 16, 2012
Upstate New York
Did you make that scan work on a whelen? I'd love to find a way to add that to my feniex or whelen siren. We have touch master deltas in the patrol cars at work but as they break the new sirens no longer have that tone. From years of use, I can say that gets peoples attention!

Heineken

Feb 20, 2021
Eastern USA
Yup, the siren is a Whelen Sapphire. I'm not an expert by any means so I don't have part numbers or whatnot. I just got bored and changed the config on one of our units.

I followed this YouTube video:

Whelen Command is the software you need, it's free from Whelen's website. If you still need help you can upload your config and I'll take a look at it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.