making an led bar

amccullers

May 22, 2010
Wetumpka, Alabama
I'm going to take my MX's that I'm stripping and going to put LED's in. The only thing I would like help on is put them in the upper spot under red domes or in the lower domes and make it like a 2100 bar. If I go behind the upper domes do the led's need to be the same color? Since we can only run red/clear in Alabama that will be the color I'm going with. The back of the bar will have the TA in it, the lenses I have are R/C/R. I'm going with microman led's, here is my setup: If I go upper led's 4 8in red on either side, clear 4in center, red 4in on the side. If I go lower 2 8in red, 4in clear center, 4in reds on side. The alleys and takedowns will stay halogen.

Also if I make it like a 2100 I have to buy the lenses, if I keep it in the upper all I have to buy is the led's which saves money. If I do upper its $232 per bar, lower will be $152 plus lenses. I have 3 bars I would like to do eventually, but 1 for now for the brush truck.

So help me guys.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.