Man killed after pointing water hose nozzle at police

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
ISU_Cyclone said:
And of course the ill-informed family members are making idiotic statements about the police and hiring attorneys.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81228512/

Moral of the story, don't point metal gun-looking objects at the police and expect them to take the time to ask if it is in fact a real gun or something similar. Thats not fair.

Agreed.

You can't expect an officer to instantly dissect, in his/her mind, what exactly the object is. If it looks like a gun and the suspect is attempting to make the object seem threatening, than you can bet your ass that I'm going to react to the situation as threatening. It's not the officer's fault the suspect is a moron - if it's my life or theirs, I choose mine every time.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
you can't fix stupid. Senseless, yes.. but, it was all him. I'm going home at night. Nuff said.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Got what he deserved, IMHO...

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
I get the family being upset, but they should be upset at him, not the cops. Recently, a kid shot it out with two officers in my area. He tried to rob them during a sting where they were dressed as pizza delivery drivers. He fired on the two officers, who weren't hit. They returned fire, injuring him critically.

Mom got on the news, and instead of the normal BS rhetoric, apologized to the officers and their families. No racial BS, no excuses, no blame game, no lawsuit talk. It made me not only respect her, but feel compassion toward her.

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
crescentstar69 said:
I get the family being upset, but they should be upset at him, not the cops. Recently, a kid shot it out with two officers in my area. He tried to rob them during a sting where they were dressed as pizza delivery drivers. He fired on the two officers, who weren't hit. They returned fire, injuring him critically.

Mom got on the news, and instead of the normal BS rhetoric, apologized to the officers and their families. No racial BS, no excuses, no blame game, no lawsuit talk. It made me not only respect her, but feel compassion toward her.

If only more people were like that these days....

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
Darwin wins again!!!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.