Manairco Airport Beacon (Custom designed Mark 12 from Tripp Lite)

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Seen this on eBay and though it was a unique re-branded beacon to share. Price is definitely steep for the condition it's in though.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
To what I can see the blue sealed beam is up tilted on this on which the normal Mark 12 do not is.
In any case the price is way to high for the condition.

Michael

That is actually a glass lense in front of the bulb. Note the top view of the bulb holder. It was a custom deal to accommodate both the bulb and glass lense.

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
There is no recognized use for a blue airport beacon in the USA, but green/white is standard. Wonder if that appears more green when lit? The beams are supposed to be elevated slightly by 5 degrees above the horizon, so the upward tilt is correct.

Reactions: CrownVic97

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
That's different. I can see by the lamp holders that both beams are tilted upward and one end has an extra slot to hold the color filter. That filter looks blue, but incandescent light is yellow, if I recall my grade school science correctly, yellow plus blue yields green, which would be correct for an airport. Now airport beacons I've seen are much larger than that one, but I suppose for a really small, non-commercial airport or possibly as a temporary beacon, it would do ok.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Maybe it was made green and the sunlight made the color fade... seems like a pale light blue now.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Nope, aviation green, at least with incandescent bulbs, uses a lens that is a very blue-green. The yellow light from an incandescent bulb, when passed through these bluish lenses, comes out as a vibrant green.

s-l640.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.