Manual Tone Override in Command

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I'm looking at getting an HHS4200 on the near future and have been playing around with Command a tiny bit. To be honest, I prefer the old programming software for Whelen's products.

Preferences aside, how do I set a unique manual override tone for each of the tones? It was a breeze with the old software, but the best that I can do now is to get the manual button to have a single override tone for all tones. Just to see if it was a case of the feature being unavailable for the HHS sirens, I tried the same by trying a Carbide program and same thing. I liked how you could set a unique override tone for each tone with the old programmer. Heck even a 295SLS100 has the ability to set a unique manual override tone. I really think that I'm missing something here.

Am I overlooking something or has Command removed this programming option?

Any help would be much appreciated!

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Thank you! I'm totally new to Command and to me as an end user who's not an installer/upfitter, it seems a LOT more complicated than the old programming software. IMHO its interface seems to be designed a lot more for installers/upfitters who have advanced knowledge and plenty of experience in setting up new Whelen equipment. For someone like me who understands and can do the basics and only the basics (basic output setup/button assignment, tones, bar/flash pattern setup, etc), it seems like Whelen has designed Command more for users who are designing advanced programs. I completely understand why this would be the case, but at the same time, they've overcomplicated it for anyone who's not a professional and/or experienced.

The old software was quick and easy for the simple stuff and IMO, Whelen should have kept more elements of that in Command. Ditto for some of the user interface. Command seems to make some of the simple stuff more complicated to do. Just my 2¢. Then again, I wasn't exactly a whiz with the old software.

At the same time, it's on me to learn more about how to use this software and about programming in general if I'm going to get the most out of the HHS4200.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.