Wanted Mars 888 U/Down Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
I snagged an 888 pedestal mount a while back. Finally got around to testing it. The up/down motion was acting funny. I disassembled the housing and the plastic gear was cracked and barely hanging on. Didn’t take much and it fully broke.

If anyone has one let me know.
It looks like it might be part #196007

Attachments

• AB5E4741-1235-45F6-8028-D8B9811AA84A.jpeg
    AB5E4741-1235-45F6-8028-D8B9811AA84A.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I snagged an 888 pedestal mount a while back. Finally got around to testing it. The up/down motion was acting funny. I disassembled the housing and the plastic gear was cracked and barely hanging on. Didn’t take much and it fully broke.

If anyone has one let me know.
It looks like it might be part #196007
Anyone have a 3d printer?

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
So I searched the net for the part number. I came across the TriLite website that has the diagrams. I will post them below. On them show the parts breakdown. There are 2 different part lists depending on the year your model was built.

Note: Two types of motor/gear assemblies were used in the TB8:

• The Split Type assembly was produced before October 2015; its components are visibly exposed.
  • The Block Type assembly started production in October 2015

So I searched the web with my specific part number. Came across this website Parts
Poked around that site. Looked promising. Secure checkout. So I took a chance. Confirmation email. Receipt email. Noticed a strange shipping package on my UPS app from a company called Bird-X out of Chicago. Package weight was 1lb. So I figured it was my order. Package arrived today. Return address was Bird-X. Packing slip on the box that is in the plastic wrap, was from TriLite out of Illinois. Opened her up and sure enough it is my part/gear. All shiny and new. Has the bearing in the middle, new bolt, and new ball that the arm attaches to.

Will update later in the week when I get to install the gear. Will also clean and lube both gears. In hindsight, I should have ordered both gears and then I wouldn’t have to worry about it.3B938CB4-646E-4A49-8E85-D84961FFB6B6.png93C1BB42-BEC7-4C74-A202-24603C5F3C7A.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArizonaFireTruckParty

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.