Mars Attacks

dakarm34

May 21, 2010
Clemmons, NC
I fired all three up at once. The aurora Borealis, Spectrasystem, and oscillating spectra.

Last edited by a moderator:

dakarm34

May 21, 2010
Clemmons, NC
I'll make a longer video tomorrow. The reason it was that length is because my Tripp lite power supply shutdown due to it being over 30 amps being drawn. I make not be able to have all of them going at te same time. I'll have to see

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
I am not a big vintage guy, I have just had a small interest in some of the older stuff out there....

But I would kill to get my hands on those Mars lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: For all you LEO's out there, not literally..... Ok maybe...... No, I really wouldn't, but I do want them!!!!!!!

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
dakarm34 said:
I'll make a longer video tomorrow. The reason it was that length is because my Tripp lite power supply shutdown due to it being over 30 amps being drawn. I make not be able to have all of them going at te same time. I'll have to see

All those Mars bars combined are probably pulling 34 to 36 amps, not really good for a 30 amp power supply :nono: . The video, even as short as it was, is good. :thumbsup:

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
You don't have to make a new video, just loop that one 50 times to make a super long video, then everyone will ask you to make a shorter one.

:D

dakarm34

May 21, 2010
Clemmons, NC
I rigged the wiring from my other power supply so I could safely run all three at once. Here it is in HD.

dakarm34

May 21, 2010
Clemmons, NC
If the brown truck doesn't destroy it there will be a Full Mars spectrasystem bar with 2 888s 2 pair of rotators and rear flashers in my hands next week. I don't have enough amperage to run all my Mars, including that odd non sealed beam skybolt. Ill try to update my video with all of them going at some point in the video. Stay tuned.

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Keeping my fingers crossed the guys in brown don't destroy it! Looking foward to the next video!

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
stansdds said:
Yeah, UPS often means United Package Smashers. :eek:

I've had my share of problems with UPS, but by far have had more problems with USPS. A few years ago I shipped a nice older Q siren to a guy in MO whom I'd met thru ebay. It got to him in pieces. Thankfully I had had enough sense to insure the siren properly, so things worked out o.k. The problem with both entitities is that they totally ignore "fragile" or "glass" stamped on the box.

fyrboy

May 24, 2010
NC
For me, FedEx asks fewer questions & pays claims the quickest. Here's an A-B I shipped to Hawaii not long ago. Sorry the movements appear so frenetic.

ai458.photobucket.com_albums_qq304_fyrboy1_Mars_th_MVI_8097.jpg

ai458.photobucket.com_albums_qq304_fyrboy1_Mars_th_MVI_8090.jpg

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
fyrboy said:
For me, FedEx asks fewer questions & pays claims the quickest. Here's an A-B I shipped to Hawaii not long ago. Sorry the movements appear so frenetic.
ai458.photobucket.com_albums_qq304_fyrboy1_Mars_th_MVI_8097.jpg

ai458.photobucket.com_albums_qq304_fyrboy1_Mars_th_MVI_8090.jpg

My main problem with Fedex has been their problem in finding my place since I live in a rural area. For the most part, that hasn't happened with UPS, except lately. They've been so over-run with the increased population to the oil boom here in Midland/Odessa, that they've put on new people who couldn't find their backside with a compass! That may also be one of the the problems with USPS. I buy vitamins mail-order, and they're sent via USPS. What used to take 3 or 4 business days to get here is now taking up to two weeks. No wonder the Post Office is going broke!

dakarm34

May 21, 2010
Clemmons, NC
Ill also have to post pictures of my ABs under carriage. It doesn't quite look like the others I've seen.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Maxim2Eng said:
That's because it IS a washing machine agitator! :)
Seriously, the motor and gearbox looks like it came out of a Maytag. I guess they didn't want it to break.

I can attest to how those lights hold up. We had an old DL8 'figure-8' light that we put on our first ambulance in 1970. It was a 6-volt light originally, and the only modification we did was to put a 12-volt 1019 (junior beacon) bulb in the light. The light, hooked to 12-volts, oscillated quite faster than on 6-volts, and was very bright with the big jr. beacon bulb. We ran that light for several years with no damage to the old motor.

dakarm34

May 21, 2010
Clemmons, NC
Here it is. My latest Mars bar. It's missing the end caps, but I plan on making a set from the end caps of my mini spectra.

ai733.photobucket.com_albums_ww335_dakarm34_image_zps445bae17.jpg

ai733.photobucket.com_albums_ww335_dakarm34_image_zps5a8ee2b8.jpg

ai733.photobucket.com_albums_ww335_dakarm34_image_zps18ae6929.jpg

ai733.photobucket.com_albums_ww335_dakarm34_image_zps9f958b1c.jpg

ai733.photobucket.com_albums_ww335_dakarm34_image_zps44b4f2e1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.