MARS Aurora Borealis Model 400

SIFD7101

Feb 2, 2011
USA, Missouri
Found this locally on Facebook and couldn't resist picking it up. Cleaned it up and replaced the lamp cord and masking tape with some new terminals and wire and it seems to work pretty nicely. I don't know much about them or if it's working 100% the way intended so I thought I'd drop in here and get some more info. Also curious in the current state what it might fetch realistically.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Great piece! These uses shared parts from the Spectrasystem and be model 600, so they are easier to source parts for and seem to be a little more common than the original Aurora Borealis.

I'd be a buyer if you're looking to sell. Kerry is correct, they are desirable and you should be prepared to be low balled by folks looking to try and pull a fast one. Feel free to PM me when you're ready to sell to a serious collector :). I pay fair prices

Welcome to the eLB ABOC (Aurora Borealis Owners Club)! But you just about gave us all a heart attack when the 400 slipped and nearly fell off the car! o_O
Yes, it's working as intended, but I'm not familiar with the running gears of a 400. Even though its the newer iteration of the AB, I would imagine it would be worth quite a bit to the right buyer...guessing $1,000-$1,500...perhaps even more.

Attachments

• DSC_0017.JPG
    DSC_0017.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_0014.JPG
    DSC_0014.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_0018.JPG
    DSC_0018.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 7

SIFD7101

Feb 2, 2011
USA, Missouri
Welcome to the eLB ABOC (Aurora Borealis Owners Club)! But you just about gave us all a heart attack when the 400 slipped and nearly fell off the car! o_O
Yes, it's working as intended, but I'm not familiar with the running gears of a 400. Even though its the newer iteration of the AB, I would imagine it would be worth quite a bit to the right buyer...guessing $1,000-$1,500...perhaps even more.

Thank you! And thank you to everyone else chiming in as well, I knew it was worth grabbing but didn't know what to expect. I was prepared to toss the iPhone to make a grab if it didn't stop sliding, not much area to sit anything under the hood there. Grabbed a pic of the insides as well, it's not perfect but I don't think it's bad considering. Capture1.JPG

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.