Mars Signal Light Co. Type G siren by B&M

That siren may have some years on it...I have a B&M S8 from 1957 that has the same 2-bar finger guards. The fine folks at B&M restored mine and commented those guards were changed in the early 60s. Since B&M made it for Mars, I bet they have info on it. Have you removed the motor shroud to see if there are any tags Or numbers stamped on the motor?

Reactions: tsquale

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
That siren may have some years on it...I have a B&M S8 from 1957 that has the same 2-bar finger guards. The fine folks at B&M restored mine and commented those guards were changed in the early 60s. Since B&M made it for Mars, I bet they have info on it. Have you removed the motor shroud to see if there are any tags Or numbers stamped on the motor?
I was told 1958 by the seller. I did remove the shroud and recall seeing a series of numbers but replaced the shroud before writing them down.

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
@tsquale
If you get that serial number that is stamped at the edge on the motor housing you can contact Brian Eliason at B&M and he can see when it was made and who it was delivered to, Mars in this case.

He gave that information to me for my B&M sirens, so now I know exactly the original owners was on them.

My Super Chief was delivered to Southland Ambulance Co. in 1970 which was one of the most busy ambulance companies in L.A. at the time.

I will believe that my siren worked hard during its active years.

Michael

Reactions: tsquale
Brian and his colleagues are outstand people..email the motor number to him at mail@siro-driftsirens.com

He took pics of my siren in various stages of restoration, which surprised him as no one ever ask before. I recovered it off the fender of a civil defense truck in Moffett, OK and was delivered to an ambulance company in Fort Smith, AR (across the river) in 1957...it had been in the weather for decades yet wound up as it should.
Before:
D3516E81-8250-40B3-8F7E-4099EC05795A.jpeg

After:
108EA6A5-7F8C-4C83-91CE-C8CB831FF8C0.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: tsquale and Tony P

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.