Matrix system programming?

Code Grey Safety

Apr 19, 2019
Manchester, NH
Good afternoon!!

I have a Police customer who just received a new PIU with the Z3 controller and a matrix bar (not sure which model yet).

officer is looking to change controller function setup, easy enough with the Z3 software. He is also looking to change the patterns on the lightbar but i have not worked with a matrix bar or a modern code 3 bar with the cat5 cable.

how do i change the flash patterns on the lightbar without the Matrix program? from what i understand you have to be a code 3 dealer to have access to said program ( CANTROL style).

any help would be greatly appreciated, want to be as versed on this product as i can be before i touch the vehicle.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
From my limited time playing with the system and talking to a dealer at a trade show about it, you have to have the Matrix program to change programming. Maybe Code 3 will send it to you if you contact support and explain you are working with a customer who has the system.

Code Grey Safety

Apr 19, 2019
Manchester, NH
thanks!! they sent me the z3 program but not the matrix program, ill try tech support, they have been great in the past. i might not have been clear on my original request for the software

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
They may send you a link to download it, but unless you can connect to the devices, the software won't load, and then you will have to write the Matrix program from scratch because you can't download the program that's already loaded in the Matrix.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.