Mattress Police...Yep. MATTRESS

Muxlow

Jun 2, 2010
Middlesex/ontario
The original idea was to bring these to off site mattress sales and such but the local police didnt like the idea much since it has a red/blue light bar, 100 watt siren and a cage aswell.

A friends dad who owns a mattress company had an idea to buy a old RCMP car and get different decals that are the same as the local police.

Car was always parked out front of the store on a rather busy road. Sure does get attention plus slow traffic down since most people think its a cop car

Years later he got another car to mock a Ontario Provincial Police car. Was an ex security car and again did the graphics and parked it out front too.

5112_92976487110_511487110_2522904_2327147_n.jpg

5112_92976467110_511487110_2522900_4594638_n.jpg

5112_92976497110_511487110_2522906_6881865_n.jpg

5112_92976507110_511487110_2522908_874802_n.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_9841.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
wow.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Local JD ByRyder ( used car dealer for low credit folks ) has a CV done the same way, graphics package with their logo and all. Only they used an amber Vista. If I'm out that way in the future I'll snap some pics

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
I appreciate that these guys are trying to promote their business, but this kind of stuff ticks me off. I have enough problems with people not pulling over for me, do I really need the added time of people peering at my ambulance, trying to figure out if I'm going to save a life, or if I'm in a hurry to dispense refreshments? Lose the bar, make it more obvious that it's not a police car/ambulance, and lose every piece of warning equipment. You don't need a bar to sell mattresses.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
They could enforce a portion of the law that is not currently enforced.

mt.jpg

Muxlow

Jun 2, 2010
Middlesex/ontario
Jazz..lol thats great!

EMT- On the 2009 vic it was a ex security car and came with the lightbar on it. The older vic he purchased the lightbar from a local shop that does parade cars and such and said it was a promo vehicle and they even installed it too. The Federal Signal siren was left in from RCMP aswell as the cage

The lightbars and siren work on the older vic, and lightbar works on the newer vic (no siren) but iv never seen them on ever other then when the owners son showed me.

They dont even have plates so never leave the parking lot. Local police went and had a word with him when he had only the first vic and said if he takes that off private property he will be getting a charge or 3

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
I have seen a landscaping guy in my area driving around in a black & white pickup truck with a 5 point star on the door and "Lawn Enforcement" down the sides. The first time I saw it, I thought it was a sheriff's vehicle until I got close enough to read it.

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
crescentstar69 said:
I have seen a landscaping guy in my area driving around in a black & white pickup truck with a 5 point star on the door and "Lawn Enforcement" down the sides. The first time I saw it, I thought it was a sheriff's vehicle until I got close enough to read it.

Its a great play on words. There is also a lawn enforcement in GA.

Lawn Enforcement of Georgia.jpg

(VIA: Lawn Enforcement of GA website)

Muxlow

Jun 2, 2010
Middlesex/ontario
Another one on the colts fanbulance FB page

In ontario here all blue to us means snow plow. So if it ever came here with their lights on.. we would all think why the hell is there a snow plow out?

162875_175462399140070_7403170_n.jpg

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
I drove by the old car hundreds of times...and every time I drove by, my only thought was "what a douche". Traffic never was that bad on Exeter road, not many houses in that area, and having people slamming on their brakes in front of me because of a fake cruiser got really really old. I've said many times that if I rear ended someone who did the brake check, I was going to sue the owner of Mattress Depot...obviously they know that a fake cruiser is having an effect on traffic, and they should know better. (I know I wouldn't win, but it would get rid of the foolishness)

Muxlow

Jun 2, 2010
Middlesex/ontario
The Police love the cars sitting there, so they dont have to.

A few times maybe.. 4 since he started to park these things there iv seen maybe 3 London police cars sitting with the old white vic doing radar.

And only even saw 1 OPP car sitting few feet behind the black n white one. Prolly just sitting there doing reports or whatnot, but seeing that dont help the problem.

You get use to it if you go by all the time or read the words i guess.

Even on FM96 for his commercials they use to say look for the big yellow balloon, now its look for the fake cop cars

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Really? I mean, I think it's a funny mockery of RCMP, but it could've been done on any vehicle (ie a smart car, an E-series vam, etc), not a CVPI with a lightbar and siren...even though it's parked on private property, it just looks like it could lead to potential problems down the road IMHO

bluestinger90 said:
Nice way to get business!

Or the opposite...some people may decide not to stop if they think the "po po" are there lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.