Methods for uninstall LAW, HAW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashguy

Jan 4, 2011
United States, Florida
Hey,

I'm thinking for down the road...how do you cover up the hole made for a LAW or HAW in a tail light assembly? Just curious how you make it water tight again and not to look ugly from the outside.

Thanks!

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
Flashguy said:
Hey,

I'm thinking for down the road...how do you cover up the hole made for a LAW or HAW in a tail light assembly? Just curious how you make it water tight again and not to look ugly from the outside.

Thanks!

Find a 1in plug, similar to the one shown, and use a quality automotive grade silicone (or similar) to waterproof the seal. Then, BOOM, you're done!

6-black-plastic-1-inch-hole-plug-heyco-2713-.jpg

C2Installs

May 24, 2010
Tennessee
If strobes, I usually just leave them in and cut the wires flush when de-commissioning a car, as reusing HAW bulbs is really just setting up a failure. If I do remove them, then a hole plug can typically be used. Sometimes you can get the plug in through the bulb access and push it in to place. Sometimes you have to just push it in from the back. Sometimes the curvature of the reflector prevents a plug from seating, so I use chrome "muffler" tape. to cover the back side. Always seal with silicone. These make good plugs to restore the "chrome" look:

awww.webstaurantstore.com_metro_9997c_super_erecta_chrome_plat28658bacd417f9e49662199e2fd18eb7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.