MEVS06

got_yogurt

May 21, 2010
BC, Canada
I purchased a Wecan Duo I/O board from MEVS06 over messaging from this website, and sent $380 USD on April 21. As the item had not been shipped and MEVS06 didn't reply to any of the messages I sent on this site, I opened a paypal dispute. MEVS06 shipped the board on May 13, and I closed the dispute. I received the item two days ago and finally opened the package today. The board and wiring harness are clearly damaged, and obviously not by shipping. The wiring harness is melted, one of the fuses is blown, the connection to the board is melted, and several wires are cut. I've attached photos for reference. I'm requesting a full refund and $30USD to ship the defective board back. 

ac4.staticflickr.com_8_7728_18217595635_e9089e07f6_z.jpgUntitled by C-GCLL, on Flickr

ac4.staticflickr.com_8_7778_17594970024_bfab78df28_z.jpgUntitled by C-GCLL, on Flickr

ac4.staticflickr.com_8_7781_18213884482_332b740ea6_z.jpgUntitled by C-GCLL, on Flickr

ac1.staticflickr.com_9_8851_18218796461_ec5522d44a_z.jpgUntitled by C-GCLL, on Flickr

ac4.staticflickr.com_8_7799_18029827600_df689e44c4_z.jpgUntitled by C-GCLL, on Flickr

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Where is the original thread for this? I take it the condition wasn't disclosed?

Edit: this is what I believe to be the thread.

Doesn't look like a description was given, but they were sold as used with no returns. If you didn't ask any questions about it, I think you're out of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nathan R

Lifetime VIP Donor
Mar 27, 2014
USA
This is not a feedback section. This is a place for dialog between members involved in sales/trades.

If you are posting "evidence" or major deal details for people to see, you have posted a feedback post. Remember, you are contacting the other party, not leaving detailed proof or feedback on the deal.

Any deal regardless of it's feedback status is allowed to be posted for discussion, not rating. Staff will then try to get both parties "to the table" and resolve the transaction in a favorable manner for both parties. I would prefer you try this method before leaving a negative feedback, but you can do both if you want. This isn't meant to replace or change the feedback system. The purpose is to provide a place for deal related dialog, not member feedback ratings. The idea is to get the parties talking so the deal can be concluded.

If you post a feedback entry here, it will be deleted.

Again, this is a section to contact the other party, not rate the deal or report a bad deal..... you are contacting the person, not warning the community about them...... that's what the feedback system is for.

Example of what is NOT ok-

"Negative with JohnDoe" or "Avoid member so and so"

Example of what is ok-

"JohnDoe, contact me" or "Member so and so, let's finish out trade"
It was not made clear. Did you attempt to get in touch with MEVS06 via an other method before posting in here?

Please try and keep the dialogue between the members directly involved in this deal. Any other comments will be deleted.

got_yogurt

May 21, 2010
BC, Canada
I have tried to get in touch with MEVS06 via private message, he hasn't replied since I sent him the photos of the damage on the board, hence why I posted a "contact me" and request for a refund.

Nathan R

Lifetime VIP Donor
Mar 27, 2014
USA
I have tried to get in touch with MEVS06 via private message, he hasn't replied since I sent him the photos of the damage on the board, hence why I posted a "contact me" and request for a refund.
Thank you, that detail was not laid out in the original post.

Reactions: got_yogurt

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.