Mexican Capital Police Purchase 1426 New units all at once.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
More than likely US Tax Payer money but still pretty impressive they bought so many at once.

whatevah

May 26, 2010
Delaware, USA
I see that they're Dodge fans. Or Dodge was the lowest bidder... :)

Looks like roof mounted lights only for the cruisers?

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Yup, probably our tax dollars hard at work.
I feel like ALL of mexico's money goes into constantly upgrading their Federal LE vehicle fleets.....they're the only poor country I know of that has brand new & relatively high tech patrol vehicles

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Yup, probably our tax dollars hard at work.
I feel like ALL of mexico's money goes into constantly upgrading their Federal LE vehicle fleets.....they're the only poor country I know of that has brand new & relatively high tech patrol vehicles

The way it works as far as I have seen when I used to do "Volunteer" police work in Mexico when I was a high school kid was the State and Federal agency's get brand new units every few years "paid by you and me tax payers" due to wear and tear or they just get shot up and set on fire by the baddies and if they have any left over decent units after they get a new batch they refurbish them paint them set them up with a simple used light bar and ship them out to the rural poor municipal transit and police departments out in the boonies every time a new mayor is elected. Then the new Mayor and administration show them off in a parade and they tag them with the decals and mayors new term for example...

"mayor taquito serving you 2016-2020" "Mexican political party"

Well that's the way it worked in the small town I visited as a kid. I remember the semi truck showing up one day with 3 used single cab white manual transmission 2007 Chevy pick up trucks all outfitted with a Code 3 Excalibur Strobe rotator mix bar and a code 3 V-Con siren very simple set up. They just got stencils and spray painted the decals onto the truck I helped with that too. They also delivered the Mayor a 2007 brown 4 door chevy pick up truck as his mayor unit it came with a radio to communicate with the police. I want to say the mayor also got issued a 1911 .45 for his own protection.....

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
Mexico City is the 19th largest city in the world. I fail to see how my tax dollars are being spent on buying police cars for a law enforcement agency in a country that I don't live in. It doesn't work that way.

It isn't outside the realm of possibility that a city with more than 20 million people would be able to afford new police vehicles. Plenty of cities in the United States often times purchase entire fleets of vehicles.

Mexico has several different law enforcement agencies, from federal, to state, to local. Again, I don't see this as being anything more than the capital of the country buying new police vehicles. I don't subscribe to the conspiracy theories out there. If anybody has any proof of our US tax dollars going to Mexico to help them purchase police cars, by all means, post a link to the evidence, please.

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
If anybody has any proof of our US tax dollars going to Mexico to help them purchase police cars, by all means, post a link to the evidence, please.

I agree. This notion of American tax dollars buying all this stuff in Mexico is WaY overblown. Despite all the poverty and violence there Mexico is still relatively affluent by world standards. They have the globe's 15th largest economy. They rank 68th in per-capita GDP among the world's 200 nations. That places them just below Russia and right above Brazil. Any which way you shake it they are a nation with a huge economy and plenty of resources.

Onto American contributions. The US gave the Mexican government $300 million last year for specific uses (environmental efforts, human rights, etc,). The Mexican Federal Police agency alone has an annual budget of $40 BILLION. It is bigger and better equipped than many of the national militaries in the world. Just in the air they have 6 large planes, 16 unmanned aerial vehicles and 40 helicopters.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
In my opinion the US should not be giving Mexico a dime if they have so much money to spend on toys. The US should give that money to local PDs that still pay officers $9.50 an hour like many do down here in South Texas by the border.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.