Mexican Federal Highway Patrol

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
This is a good video i found on youtube showing the Units of the Policia Federal i think they are pretty slick rides they have a simple set up of a whelen liberty all red in the front and all blue in the back with split light heads for the amber directional. And they also have wig wags and a cencom gold siren thats it. They also have Balistic armor plates inside the drivers and passengers side door Enjoy :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=vvCFnQt ... re=related

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Nice and simple, I like it a lot.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
fedsig7 said:
Is that amber in front and blue in rear?

The lightbars are like this

Front all Red and two takedowns that flash

Rear all blue lin6s that are split and also flash amber when you turn on the directional.

Its a wierd set up but they have hundreds of units or maybe thousands all exactly the same. And they do cover the Entire country so they are a big department. All i know is that whelen is making a killing on Mexico since they outfit The Federal Police and they have a high rate of getting thire units destroyed since all the shootings happend. I bet whelen is like chaching :lol:

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
fedsig7 said:
Is that amber in front and blue in rear?
A lot of cameras aren't very friendly with bright colored lights and will often get the colors wrong - those are red in front.

chono

Jun 5, 2010
Midwest
That is a pretty nice setup.

I have seen all red to the front and red/blue to the rear, also blue to the front and blue/red to the rear, But I have never seen red to the front and blue to the rear... kind of odd. Any reasoning behind the setup like that?

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
chono said:
That is a pretty nice setup.
I have seen all red to the front and red/blue to the rear, also blue to the front and blue/red to the rear, But I have never seen red to the front and blue to the rear... kind of odd. Any reasoning behind the setup like that?

Same as Michigan State police and those wierd set ups they have. Its traditon in the 1990 until pretty recent they use to have the jetsonic lightbars in the same set up red filters to the front and blue and amber filters to the rear. I really dont know why they do it since almost every police agency in thire country use red/blue mix :?

May 22, 2010
MI, USofA
Station 3 said:
Same as Michigan State police and those wierd set ups they have. Its traditon in the 1990 until pretty recent they use to have the jetsonic lightbars in the same set up red filters to the front and blue and amber filters to the rear. I really dont know why they do it since almost every police agency in thire country use red/blue mix :?

one thing about it ... like MSP, if it's the only setup like that, it is easy to quickly identify who it is ... you don't have to be a light geek in MI to know that its the State Police pulling you over, you know as soon as you see the light ...

Stendec

May 21, 2010
There are identical stills at 2:03 and 2:37 that I'd love to get copies of, if anyone knows how to capture them.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Stendec said:
There are identical stills at 2:03 and 2:37 that I'd love to get copies of, if anyone knows how to capture them.
Pause the video, get it at fullscreen or whatever size it looks best, press Ctrl + Shift + PrtScrn to copy a screenshot. Open Paint or an image editor, press Ctrl + V to paste, and crop as needed.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.