MI Law Enforcement

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
jatchinson said:
What kind of brush guard is that? I'm a big fan of it.

Im going to guess its a Westin, due to that bar that goes up over the top.

Though I think Ranch Hand may have done that too... hmm...

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Not sure if it was posted already, this is my first time seeing it.. (courtesy of Flikr)

Too much money, not enough lights. Is that a Legacy?

9237064223_fa8250520b_z.jpg

Andy L.

Jun 16, 2010
Michigan
jatchinson said:
What kind of brush guard is that? I'm a big fan of it.

Those are Ranch Hand guards. The newest trucks are coming with a center guard only, no headlight wraps. I believe they are still Ranch Hand but can't confirm because the guard and grille are now coated with spray on bed liner.

justavillain

Mar 7, 2013
Grand Rapids
7d9_z28 said:
Im going to guess its a Westin, due to that bar that goes up over the top.

Though I think Ranch Hand may have done that too... hmm...

They are Ranch Hand Legend grille guards. The half tons have the top bar the 3/4 tons do not.

That raptor looks like it's at Silver Lake sand dunes if it is that is more of a billboard truck. I haven't been able to get up there yet this year unfortunately. But that raptor looks sweet

Andy L.

Jun 16, 2010
Michigan
justavillain said:
They are Ranch Hand Legend grille guards. The half tons have the top bar the 3/4 tons do not.

That raptor looks like it's at Silver Lake sand dunes if it is that is more of a billboard truck. I haven't been able to get up there yet this year unfortunately. But that raptor looks sweet

The Raptor is at Silver Lake sand dunes. I don't know if I'd call it a billboard truck. It serves a specific purpose, much different than a CO truck. Everything on that truck has come to be from something that has happened in the past. It is certainly unique as are their other patrol vehicles. The Raptors will be replacing the SSV Tahoes as they are actually cheaper since there are no off-road modifications that need to be made to the Ford suspension.

justavillain

Mar 7, 2013
Grand Rapids
You're right there is a lot going on there. I meant more of a billboard by the fact that it's one of the few places not everyone seems to hate the dnr.

Its a cool truck and will work well out there. Now it will be easier for them to get around. It'd be cool if the volley dept that keeps the brush truck could get one too.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Thank you! I have been meaning to get the OCSD cars on here. I just saw that Traverse for the first time a few days ago, and Im fairly certain a new PI utility as well....

I live less than 5 minutes from OCJ, the OCSD rules my area. I went to Grand Haven high school, and all the kids always said the school was modeled after the Filmore complex :duh:

jatchinson

Feb 25, 2012
West Michigan
7d9_z28 said:
Thank you! I have been meaning to get the OCSD cars on here. I just saw that Traverse for the first time a few days ago, and Im fairly certain a new PI utility as well....

I live less than 5 minutes from OCJ, the OCSD rules my area. I went to Grand Haven high school, and all the kids always said the school was modeled after the Filmore complex :duh:

Have to go through my phone, might have more :thumbsup: Curious as to what color the lights on the Traverse are. Guessing amber?

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
jatchinson said:
Have to go through my phone, might have more :thumbsup: Curious as to what color the lights on the Traverse are. Guessing amber?

Never seen it lit up but I would guess them to be red/blue, like everything else.

Downtown Grand Haven at the Coast Guard Festival, the OCSD had their excursion and command trailer... AND I FORGOT TO GET A PICTURE :mad:

Its a Black Excursion, with the older stripe graphics, and what appear to be Predators all over it. No lightbar.

jatchinson

Feb 25, 2012
West Michigan

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
jatchinson said:
Program puts retired volunteers in uniform - Holland, MI - The Holland Sentinel

Vollys get red/blue for duties such as "checking home security for vacationers, enforcing handicapped parking and transferring abandoned vehicles throughout the county?"

I'm curious, picture was taken at Meijer, I'll have to ask if I see them.

Grand Haven DPS has 1 or 2 black and whites without lightbars for Civilian Patrol, I dont think they even have amber let alone R/B... hmm..

Andy L.

Jun 16, 2010
Michigan
jprleedy4680 said:
Great place to camp...I saw the PFD Expedition in town today and figured it was your handiwork!

That is one of my past projects...nice truck. They have a Polaris Ranger that I lit up as well....I think it makes appearances at the State Park on Saturday mornings still if that is where you are staying.

jprleedy4680

Jan 27, 2011
N. Michigan
Andy L. said:
That is one of my past projects...nice truck. They have a Polaris Ranger that I lit up as well....I think it makes appearances at the State Park on Saturday mornings still if that is where you are staying.

I'll keep an eye out for it. Saw an Oceana charger come through town today; you really do some great work.

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
Andy L. said:
Look what I found yesterday!

I was JUST wondering the other day about why I hadn't seen any MSP Ford Interceptors (which everyone calls Taurus Interceptors). They look pretty damned cool. Has the door emblem been reduced in size these last few years? It seems like that logo's spears used to reach from the bottom/back of the door all the way to the top corner, almost to the hood.

jatchinson

Feb 25, 2012
West Michigan
lafd55 said:
Where was this taken? The place and the building? Looks Federal.

Grand Rapids Mi, at Devo's Place. Did some work with the plate on photo shop and came to the conclusion its a government plate. Found pictures online of vehicles that are similar, and they belong to the National Guard Weapons of Mass Destruction Civil Support Team.

justavillain

Mar 7, 2013
Grand Rapids
lafd55 said:
If the truck is Blue then yes, it would belong to the 51st Civil Support Team based out of Fort Custer Training Center outside of Augusta, MI. Here is a news article with picture of that vehicle.Vibrant Response exercise to conclude at Atterbury-Muscatatuck
Here is our local team. RAID

ai619.photobucket.com_albums_tt272_lafd55_cnpca18725_vi_zps0f550aee.jpg

I've been to Atterbury and Muscatatuck many times. Muscatatuck is a straight shit hole. There was trash all over. The army took over and just gutted the buildings by throwing everything out the windows in piles.

Atterbury is OK but a nightmare to turn in dunnage and army rules for training is kind of nice because the Marines would go a lot later.

Really both places suck. But as far as the CBRN stuff I guess they know what they're doing

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.