Miami Dade Police "Save the Tatas"

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
That is.... unexpected.

The cause is noble, does this kinda paint scheme help though?

RolnCode3

May 21, 2010
Sacramento, CA
All of the little pink ribbons make the car look really dirty from far away.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Very...........odd.....to say the least...:?

Cam

May 20, 2010
MO
awww.site_kconstructionzone.com_wp_content_uploads_2010_04_For_the_Cure_0492_300x188.jpg

How about one of those?

A few months back my company had a pink JLG boom lift on one of our sites. 10% of what we were paying in rental when to research. I know more then a few rental companies have them now.

psteele

May 20, 2010
43.864776 -71.635851
We're not painting apparatus here yet but there are a bunch of departments that are wearing pink shirts. I also doubt that the engine in the photo is actually being used. It appears to have no hose or ladders.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
DEPUTYSTEPHENSON said:
It just doesn't seem fiscally responsible, imo.

I'll bet the car was a back-up beater drone. The PR value would make up the cost, particularly at charity events. If REACT can't direct traffic, what better than this ride at a cancer run or such? There are "Save the TaTas" t-shirts, but dudes can't get away with wearing them.

I'm a little worried about what they might do for colorectal CA :shock:

GranPrix

May 23, 2010
FL
Stendec said:
I'll bet the car was a back-up beater drone. The PR value would make up the cost, particularly at charity events. If REACT can't direct traffic, what better than this ride at a cancer run or such? There are "Save the TaTas" t-shirts, but dudes can't get away with wearing them.

I'm a little worried about what they might do for colorectal CA :shock:

The police car is new.

Code3EMT

Jun 16, 2010
California
Not quite a pink engine, but the FD in a neighboring district wore pink shirts and put these decals on all their rigs, medics BC's etc.

HeroesPink.jpg

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Im not against breast cancer awareness, as my grandma died from it! But this stuff is getting blown way out of proportion!

Code3EMT

Jun 16, 2010
California
I like it, but why can't we do it for other causes too. Like maybe a thin blue line car, or liveSTRONG or something...

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Code3EMT said:
I like it, but why can't we do it for other causes too. Like maybe a thin blue line car, or liveSTRONG or something...

Because men like boobs more! Unfortunately men in todays society don't care if it ain't got boobs!

AggiePhil

Jul 17, 2010
Southwest
Whole thing might be a wrap rather than a paint scheme. Painting it that way WOULD be fairly expensive. A wrap could be donated fairly inexpensively and then removed once the campaign was over with.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.