Miami-Dade Police

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

ai18.photobucket.com_albums_b101_Dariomend_Police_DSC05469.jpg

Awfully big body for a Ford F-350 chassis. Just sitting there it looks like it is groaning from the weight. The F-700 looks like a much better choice.

GranPrix

May 23, 2010
FL
SO Brite Lighting said:
More pics of that monster airport SRT, Sterling please!!!!!
"I think it moved a little"

They drive that thing around a lot so it's kind of hard to find it. I'll try to catch it at their main office.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
For some reason i expected a lot more external heavy duty AC units.

That helo trailer is one of the nicest I've seen. Usually they are just dropped on a lowboy and guys start cinching down load binders on the tail boom and rotors until they start hearing cracking noises.

liberal noob

Jun 14, 2010
Berkley, MA
Let me get this straight, they TOW the helicopter to the scene? :eek: :lol: OK, why do they have a trailer for it anyway (other than maintenance)?

CenTexPSE said:
I have always liked those, too! I think they look pretty slick
Me too. What are they?

Stendec

May 21, 2010
I can't speak for Miami-Dade, but maintenance is a big one. Then, anything you can do to save flight time on the airframe and powerplant saves huge amounts of money. I doubt that they tow it to calls, but if they needed to move it long distances or in bad weather, it would actually save zillions of dollars. And you could make the pilots sit in back seat of the truck - they'd hate that.

GranPrix

May 23, 2010
FL
liberal noob said:
Let me get this straight, they TOW the helicopter to the scene? :eek: :lol: OK, why do they have a trailer for it anyway (other than maintenance)?

It's out of service. They use it at shows.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.