Miami Twp P.D. (Montgomery Co. Ohio)

medicandy

May 21, 2010
NC
Yep it is not going to be long before that is common I think. Wake County EMS has done that to all of the Dodge Chargers they have.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
I love the way it looks on the sides, but the rear could use a little work (imo). Plus wasn't the biggest fan of the light patterns.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
Good for them, I wonder what will happen to their accidents stats, and whether they sprung for reflective. Blue and yellow is stomach churning, but if it works it beats compound fractures and a fireball.

cse04

May 25, 2010
Cincinnati, Oh
Well guys it turns out that just last week a fellow co-worker and i had to go up to Miami Twp. p.d. and strip that vehicle out do to the fact that it was in an accident. The unit was hit by another vehicle in the front passenger side. Thank god though that the officer was able to walk away from the accident. As for the lightbar, yes, it is a Fed Sig Raydian and the graphics are reflective. We will be reinstalling the equipment into a new car when they get it.

cse04

May 25, 2010
Cincinnati, Oh
Also just wanted to tell you guys that the car was hit so hard that the passenger door flew off the car. Talking to one of the officers he had said he has never seen that happen before.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I kinda like that. The rear graphics IMO should be yellow and red, and I really don't like FedSig's LED flash patterns - or LED lights in general for that matter. But at least you used colored domes where possible.

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
nerdly_dood said:
I kinda like that. The rear graphics IMO should be yellow and red, and I really don't like FedSig's LED flash patterns - or LED lights in general for that matter. But at least you used colored domes where possible.
I like the idea of different colors depending on the agency, like I've seen posted in some parts of Europe. I saw an OSP car with with red/lime chevrons on the back and it looked very much like the prevention car of a near by FD. Blue/lime stands out just as much as red/lime and you can tell law enforcement from Fire/EMS...

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
dustymedic said:
I like the idea of different colors depending on the agency, like I've seen posted in some parts of Europe. I saw an OSP car with with red/lime chevrons on the back and it looked very much like the prevention car of a near by FD. Blue/lime stands out just as much as red/lime and you can tell law enforcement from Fire/EMS...
Yeah, on second thought I like your idea better. The NFPA-regulated chevrons on the back of fire trucks are only allowed in red and yellow or fluorescent yellow, so naturally some fire departments would prefer white, green or blue...

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I dont like it. Its wierd :? Our local police dept have black and white crown vics with super bright reflective stripes on the rear bumper. The stripes are white and it kinda looks like arrows pointing out ward and up. Sorry no pics

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Station 3 said:
I dont like it. Its wierd :? Our local police dept have black and white crown vics with super bright reflective stripes on the rear bumper. The stripes are white and it kinda looks like arrows pointing out ward and up. Sorry no pics
You can get black reflective stripes to match the car's paint job, and they reflect whatever color you want when headlights shine on them - Ontario provincial police have CHP-style black and white cars with black reflective stripes that blend in nicely, you can't see them until they're meant to be seen.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KI_CopCar

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.