Michigan State Police Beacons Are Awesome

Stampeed Valkyrie

Silver Supporter
I wonder if the driver will get his deposit back... lol

John Smith

I hate the beacons personally. I don't feel they're very effective either. Sure, they're bright, you've got a 6" tall tower of LEDs, but it's all focused in one area, you get no idea of how the car is positioned.

EVT

You've just been mister positive lately Luke...
@LineSpotter I too like them, but I like the hoodfins more! Love the nostalgia.
I'm all about tradition. Love me some maroon and gold. However, there comes a point where it's ridiculous and is placing tradition over officer safety.

Why not just carry a revolver and a billy club? The question seems stupid, but they are applying the same logic to the emergency lighting that gets their officers from point A to B safely.

kadetklapp

Veteran Member
I'm all about tradition. Love me some maroon and gold. However, there comes a point where it's ridiculous and is placing tradition over officer safety.

Why not just carry a revolver and a billy club? The question seems stupid, but they are applying the same logic to the emergency lighting that gets their officers from point A to B safely.
They are plenty adequate especially with deck lights, license plate bracket lights, and head and tail light flashers.

emtpals

Don't forget that most of the units also have Push Bumper and Mirror lights as well. The MSP does a great job with their multilevel lighting and usually has everything synced together on a very distinctive flash pattern.

Working in several other states, and moving over to Michigan, I initially thought the same thing... just guys keeping with old outdated traditions.. As some time went by, and actually seeing the lights in person, parked next to other squads with full light bars it was amazing how far away you could see and distinguish the MSP trooper, before you even realized there was another squad with him. In essence, great lighting, effective from all angles, and it also works great in snowstorms!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members
Latest member
crashmaniac
Top Bottom