Micro Man Lights?

07GD SFD

May 21, 2010
VT
They're a very bright light. There isn't a lot of off-axis lighting but head-on they're blinding. Check my install thread for a video.

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
The lenses he uses are SUPER, and really make a difference in how bright the lights are compared to regular TIR-style optics with the opaque, fluted lenses. Highly recommended!

Corey

Dec 15, 2010
RI, US
As everyone else said... he has a great product! They are not very good off axis, but are HIGHLY effective head on. I have a 32" bar mounted behind factory tint in my Explorer:

By saying that they are "great for the price" may make it sound like you are getting an OK product but "it's ok because it's cheap"... that's not the case here. Best part, you can completely customize your bar.... and you get to communicate directly with the guy who is building it, how cool is that?

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
I would recommend them... and he's my "competition"!

lightthenight

May 24, 2010
Rochester NY
I had a Microman settup a while ago, I still have 3 led blue and amber modules I plan on putting in the back window again. Extremely good light output head on, very customizable to the application. I had some videos and pictures, I can see if I can find them. They were posted up on the old forum somewhere. I custom built an entire control box using his lghts and Sho-me flasher.

For mounting, I found Star-SVP mounts for their bar-style lights work great on these. They screw on the end caps, allow you to rotate the light and use screws or suctions cups.

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
bburnette21 said:
Im new to this stuff, but what is this i hear about him not installing a flasher, that you have too buy one?

He just wires a lightbar to your liking, you are responsible for making it blink. Think of it as a Whelen Liberty - the "dumb" heads get plugged into the flasher which runs everything (roughly).

microman

May 20, 2010
KC Metro
lightthenight said:
For mounting, I found Star-SVP mounts for their bar-style lights work great on these. They screw on the end caps, allow you to rotate the light and use screws or suctions cups.

We now supply all of our bars with this type of bracket. It comes with suction cups as well.

RickLBZ

Sep 9, 2010
Miami, Fl.
The lights are great. Really bright, nicely built and great customers service. Just remember your not going to just plug it into the cigarette and away you go. Need to be a little familiar with electronics and able to run wires through your vehicle.

microman

May 20, 2010
KC Metro
RickLBZ said:
The lights are great. Really bright, nicely built and great customers service. Just remember your not going to just plug it into the cigarette and away you go. Need to be a little familiar with electronics and able to run wires through your vehicle.

Forgot to add that too. We also offer the Sho-Me flasher with a cigarette plug.

bobnash78

May 1, 2011
Bloomingdale, Oh
I have two 16" microman lightbars and are super bright. I compared them to a phantom lightbar and they just as bright. Here is a night video. People see them from quite a ways. I passed a state trooper in bright daylight that is tight with our fire dept and he stopped back later and told me that they blinded him and he almost crashed! I think that may have been a little exagerated, but they are super bright.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I think he switched from making them to selling Sound Off, but I could be wrong. Back in the day >5 years ago he really made some simple but rock solid stuff. The industry has changed a lot and I hate to say that you are looking at either fully price "big 3 or 4 companies" or Chinese crap now. That is a trend I notice in public safety, as the tech evolves you lose the middle ground small guys and shift to big industry standard companies and crappy knock-offs. It's sad but that's how a lot on industry specific equipment manufacturing ends up. Roto-Ray may be the one exception I can think of but that's an outlier.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mainsail

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.