Microman XPE bar

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
I don't mean to step on the official review with this but I have some pictures of the new XPE bar while I was tring to figure out the best install place. I have a 2007 Silverado new body style and wanted some lights for the headliner area. I had some concerns with this because it have the factory tint strip and the dotted area in the middle above the mirror. The install is not complete but I put one on steady in both areas to test. Here are the pics.

ai1250.photobucket.com_albums_hh523_deputy313_3a674d78.jpg

Behind the factory tint with the sun shining on the windshield.

ai1250.photobucket.com_albums_hh523_deputy313_348752ca.jpg

Same at a farther distance

ai1250.photobucket.com_albums_hh523_deputy313_ec8a6f58.jpg

Behind the dotted area.

I was not able to get direct pics because of the area I was parked in. Here are my thoughts.

Pros-

1. These are very bright and shine thru the tint or dotted area very well.

2. They are small and have nice mounting brackets and suction cups included.

3. They are lots brighter than the single Vipers I had in the same location.

Cons-

1. After having them turned on for a few minutes behind the tint strip the black casing was borderline hot almost enough to make the fingers alittle uncomfortable. Not sure if that is normal as I know there has been some discussion on the heat sink and alot of research into the product.

2. They are only bright in that location when looking at them direct especially in the sun.

3. You have to rig a shield/windshield mount to prevent flashback.

With all that said I am very glad I bought these lights and will definitely need to get more. Any cons still do not overpower the pros of them. The shipping was very fast and the price does not leave anything to complain about.

Thumbs up to Craig for a great product!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.