Mini bar - help me figure it out

unityrv26

Mar 4, 2012
Michigan
About 20 years ago there was a halogen mini bar. It looked like the current Code 3 420 beacon, rounded.

But ....this bar had two rotators AND a lower deck, but it was very thin. It had places for mini flashers, front and rear and alleys I believe.

Anyone know what it was? It was only in Galls magazines a short while.

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
I remember it. Bottom was a black polycarbonate base. I did a couple searchs on the google and couldnt find anything, nor can I remember the name

unityrv26

Mar 4, 2012
Michigan
I remember it. Bottom was a black polycarbonate base. I did a couple searchs on the google and couldnt find anything, nor can I remember the name
Yessir .....most had clear domes with colored filters.....I cannot even remember the manufacturerer. I've googled as well but ran out of search options.

Reactions: Dave F

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Your not talking about the 36 inch version that looked.like an elongated 420 with a white center section?

unityrv26

Mar 4, 2012
Michigan
I'm going by sheer memory here....so I'll say, yes. Possibly, that sounds right. But it had a lower section with very thin front and rear flashers. May have had alleys. Kinda like the Excalibur mini bar concept .....but the base was black like the 420.

irishff

May 24, 2010
SW Missouri
I asked this same question a while back. It was made by SVP. I do not recall the name of it. Not only did it have a lower deck, but you could also put a speaker driver in between the diamond mirror on the top deck and it had an outlet for the sound in the lower. I have been trying to locate one for years.

irishff

May 24, 2010
SW Missouri
Jared, that's a mini excalibur, that's not the bar we are referring to. Although I'd like to have one of those too,

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
@irishff i knw what hes looking for and im doing my best to find it but since he said in the beggining a mini bar that had multiple options this qualified.. lol ill probably be posting many mini bars with options just to jog us old timers memories

s252191952876076886_p44_i4_w500.jpeg

Last edited:

unityrv26

Mar 4, 2012
Michigan
I asked this same question a while back. It was made by SVP. I do not recall the name of it. Not only did it have a lower deck, but you could also put a speaker driver in between the diamond mirror on the top deck and it had an outlet for the sound in the lower. I have been trying to locate one for years.
I think you're on to it! I do remember a siren option now. I don't think it would have been all that great though.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I just keep going to the dual deck arrow shaped mini strobe bar that either star, svp or able2/show-me made. 2 on top with 1 center on bottom....

ccsd834

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 19, 2019
Dallas, TX
Sparky_911, you are correct on both counts. That one was the SHO-ME Stealth - two strobes top and one center bottom. Don't recall them making these in halogen, but they could have started in halogen. Not shaped like the OP is looking for, but it was an innovative little bar back in its day (early 90s I think).

Sho-me Stealth.gif

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Sparky_911, you are correct on both counts. That one was the SHO-ME Stealth - two strobes top and one center bottom. Don't recall them making these in halogen, but they could have started in halogen. Not shaped like the OP is looking for, but it was an innovative little bar back in its day (early 90s I think).

View attachment 228904
They were made in rotators in both mini and fullsize prior to Sho-Me taking over

irishff

May 24, 2010
SW Missouri
I FOUND IT!!! A little phone call, a little email and here it is.

The SVP micro-lite offered by SVP right before they were bought out from Star. HJere is the quote from the email.

"
Wow! Flashback!

Let me provide you with a brief history.

In 1974 Southern Vehicle Products (or SVP) was established as a manufacturing and distribution plant in Clearwater, Florida. Around 98 or 99, they opened a new facility in Odessa, Florida and changed their name to Signal Vehicle Products because they thought it better branded their company. About that time Star Headlight had partnered with SVP and we both cross branded some of each other's products.

Not to long after that, Star Headlight and Lantern Co., Inc. (who has been around since 1889) purchased SVP. Within a year we decided to move all of the SVP operations to our newly opened manufacturing plant in Avon, NY. We felt that since both facilities did basically the same thing, that we could absorb all of the operations currently in Florida and operate much more efficiently.

Luckily for you, I have been with the company since 1995 and I do have a vague recollection of the light you are referring to. I believe it is the Micro-Lite. That was a product that SVP started offering right before we purchased them, and then discontinued shortly after we moved their operation to NY. I actually had a stash of old literature and was able to locate an old instruction sheet and catalog page. I attached them for you. That is the only literature I could locate that references the Micro-Lite."

Attachments

• Micro-Lite_Page_1.jpg
    Micro-Lite_Page_1.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Micro-Lite_Page_2.jpg
    Micro-Lite_Page_2.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Micro-Lite_Page_3.jpg
    Micro-Lite_Page_3.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Micro-Lite_Page_4.jpg
    Micro-Lite_Page_4.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 27

gtpts27

Jul 1, 2017
Virginia
I FOUND IT!!! A little phone call, a little email and here it is.

The SVP micro-lite offered by SVP right before they were bought out from Star. HJere is the quote from the email.

"
Wow! Flashback!

Let me provide you with a brief history.

In 1974 Southern Vehicle Products (or SVP) was established as a manufacturing and distribution plant in Clearwater, Florida. Around 98 or 99, they opened a new facility in Odessa, Florida and changed their name to Signal Vehicle Products because they thought it better branded their company. About that time Star Headlight had partnered with SVP and we both cross branded some of each other's products.

Not to long after that, Star Headlight and Lantern Co., Inc. (who has been around since 1889) purchased SVP. Within a year we decided to move all of the SVP operations to our newly opened manufacturing plant in Avon, NY. We felt that since both facilities did basically the same thing, that we could absorb all of the operations currently in Florida and operate much more efficiently.

Luckily for you, I have been with the company since 1995 and I do have a vague recollection of the light you are referring to. I believe it is the Micro-Lite. That was a product that SVP started offering right before we purchased them, and then discontinued shortly after we moved their operation to NY. I actually had a stash of old literature and was able to locate an old instruction sheet and catalog page. I attached them for you. That is the only literature I could locate that references the Micro-Lite."
Nice work irish. +1 to the ELB community here. IMHO, this is the kind of thing that separates ELB from the other options out there.

unityrv26

Mar 4, 2012
Michigan
That is it!!!! Just as I remember it from Galls too!! Good job!! Now we just gotta find one.

I will say this page is a very valuable resource. It's helped me move along several projects I've been stuck on, whether it be parts, or just knowledge.

This would be a perfect set up to put LEDs in and still have the benefit of rotators!! Awesome light. Anyone ever see one in the wild????

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.