Mini-bars on MN State Patrol cars

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I thought I'd share this interesting video. I'm guessing that it's policy for all state slick-top cruisers to carry an all-red, mag-mount mini-bar to be used in extreme weather conditions or on a major accident scene where more light up high is required for better visibility. Anybody from Minnesota feel free to chime in on this one! Go to 1:10 in the video.

Reactions: RideRed1990

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Im happy to see them still running the Millenniums! Nate, Tony and Chuck would appreciate this!

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
Im happy to see them still running the Millenniums! Nate, Tony and Chuck would appreciate this!

Video is from 2008, the Millenniums are long gone unfortunately. They now are using SVP Red/Blue minis (at least in my area). They are used during primarily the very snowy times where parts of the windows can get obstructed.

EVT

May 24, 2010
Midwest
Yes MN State Patrol has been doing this for years. They are normally magnetic mounted behind the driver on the cage or in the back window. I have seen 911EP 360's and mini Liberties. I have yet to see on the newer Interceptor sedan, most likely due to advancement LED brightness.

Reactions: Tony P

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
That's a good requirement to have in case of inclement weather while on patrol. Somebody out there must have a mag mount sealed beam beacon for their "weather" throw light :D

Reactions: kadetklapp

EVT

May 24, 2010
Midwest
The baby blue had it mounted on the cage. Gold one did not have one.

Then Gov. Pawlenty arrived in the gold Impala. Normally he had a suburban but I believe he flew into St. Cloud Airport and then caught a ride to the SCSU Campus. The baby blue unmarked worked the St. Cloud area but I had never seen the gold Impala before so who knows....probably either admin or protective detail due to the lack of a cage, mini bar, and MSP patch decal on the pass door.

P4090455.JPG P4090456.JPG P4090457.JPG P4090458.JPG P4090459.JPG P4090460.JPG

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.