Mini Vector, California Compliant

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
MODS, If this is in the wrong section, please move it as I wasn't sure where to put this.

Now that my disclaimer is posted,

Hello All!

Today I have completed my Mini Vector, California Compliant.

I started with a Mag Mount Mini Vector that had 3 fast rotators. I aquired the stationary light fixtures out of a regular vector and began my work. I removed the center fast rotator. Removed the alley lamp fixture and used the take down and rear flash fixtures.

I then added a simple 2 prong can flasher to get the rear amber flash.

I already had the rear amber filter and found another member here that had a front red filter. Some simple re wiring and I had a heartbeat on my Cali version mini vector.

I haven't seen a mini configured this way, but as easy as it was to convert it, I think there may some of these set ups running loose in California somewhere.

I also have a set of blue domes for the rotator pods.

The center steady red really packs a punch, and with the fast outer rotator pods, I wouldn't be concerned about running code with this set up at all.

Click on the pic below to see all other pictures and a quick video.

ai839.photobucket.com_albums_zz312_ccr203_Mini_20Vector_th_MiniVectorCali2.jpg

This was a fun little project and all I really need to locate for it is a heavy duty power cord with cigar plug(15 amp rated).

Take a peek and enjoy.

Comments are always welcomed too!

Chris

Oct 28, 2010
Kingston NY
Lt.214 said:
MODS, If this is in the wrong section, please move it as I wasn't sure where to put this.

Now that my disclaimer is posted,

Hello All!

Today I have completed my Mini Vector, California Compliant.

I started with a Mag Mount Mini Vector that had 3 fast rotators. I aquired the stationary light fixtures out of a regular vector and began my work. I removed the center fast rotator. Removed the alley lamp fixture and used the take down and rear flash fixtures.

I then added a simple 2 prong can flasher to get the rear amber flash.

I already had the rear amber filter and found another member here that had a front red filter. Some simple re wiring and I had a heartbeat on my Cali version mini vector.

I haven't seen a mini configured this way, but as easy as it was to convert it, I think there may some of these set ups running loose in California somewhere.

I also have a set of blue domes for the rotator pods.

The center steady red really packs a punch, and with the fast outer rotator pods, I wouldn't be concerned about running code with this set up at all.

Click on the pic below to see all other pictures and a quick video.

ai839.photobucket.com_albums_zz312_ccr203_Mini_20Vector_th_MiniVectorCali2.jpg

This was a fun little project and all I really need to locate for it is a heavy duty power cord with cigar plug(15 amp rated).

Take a peek and enjoy.

Comments are always welcomed too!

Chris
Nice light Chris!!!!!!

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
I think it's neat, kind of like the California compliant mini-Aerodynic. Nice job. :thumbsup:

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
Thanks to all,

It was an easy conversion. I spent more time cleaning up/polishing the domes than I did converting the center pod.

I really like the end product. I knowCalifornia doesn't have many, if any, volunteer Fire Depts., but this would be a nice option for lighting. I actually think this would be well suited on a support vehicle/pick up truck.

Since the only other Cali compliant light I have is my all red CTS, I thought this would be a nice addition.

Chris

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.