mini xl vs mini xl

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
here we have a mini xl 9000 vs a 5000 loves these xl domes with the gray strip on top so easy to split colors... still needs some amber or clear end caps. they will display as 2x 9000 and 2x 5000 red and blue one of each. have one more mini 9k to finish but thats going clear with nos lens i found by mistake looking for camping stuff. really got to get up there one day.

Last edited:

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I always liked the 9000, but I think the 5000 is more attention grabbing and brighter.

I agree with this statement. The open parabolic rotators have the diameter of a par36 bulb and reduce the amount of equipment packed into the XL frame while still having a very effective footprint when in operation using bayonet halogen bulbs. The XL9000 series are good for long distances if you are in a rural setting so people can see you sooner. But, in a city atmosphere with all those cross streets and intersections, I'd outfit the XL5000 on my police/fire/EMS rigs before the XL9000.

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
I agree with this statement. The open parabolic rotators have the diameter of a par36 bulb and reduce the amount of equipment packed into the XL frame while still having a very effective footprint when in operation using bayonet halogen bulbs. The XL9000 series are good for long distances if you are in a rural setting so people can see you sooner. But, in a city atmosphere with all those cross streets and intersections, I'd outfit the XL5000 on my police/fire/EMS rigs before the XL9000.
Very aggre! :)

Jun 18, 2013
PA
The last few bars I worked on were xls. The 5000 series bars are still very common while the 9000s have dried up.
I prefer the 9000s just because I like the sealed Beam bars. But I have worked on many of both.

Reactions: Mars Light

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.