Minitor IV programming problems

Bonanno

May 21, 2010
Neptune, NJ
Trying to get the Minitor IV pagers at my first aid squad programed and having some problems with them. They recieve fine, but do not activate. I have it set for Duty On/Off for switch A & B, Monitor for C, and Duty not enabled for D. The problem I think is that when i'm trying to put the tone codes in, the program keeps changing them and I can't put in the exact codes

Codes 1: 2334.3 and 871.0 Duty On

Codes 2: 745.8 Duty Off

They're being changed to 2333.3 & 871.5 and 745.6.

The Code 2 is for when on duty crew, so its only used when you are on duty, the other tones are for all the time. How can I get it so it activates and works the right way. I have Minitor Vs programed that work just fine so far that are programed the same way.

twowayradiony

May 25, 2010
THE EMPIRE STATE
Do you have the on duty and off duty set properly?

Do you have you single tone as a long tone?

I would suggest reading a properly programmed pager and reviewing it

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
The tones are not that far off as to make a difference during dispatch. Are you using the older DOS based software or the newer Windows based?

Bonanno

May 21, 2010
Neptune, NJ
I am using the newer windows program. I had the pagers with me last night for several calls, none of the them activated while the Minitor Vs programmed did. I have both types programmed the same way.

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
I HIGHLY doubt that the tones are the issue, but there is a window with a drop down to choose what programming format you want to use. (Plectrron, Motorola, etc) Set that to "User" and try it from there.

backdraft51

Sep 29, 2010
Tennessee
I might of missed programmed my pager but is your freq narrow band? My min 4 will not work on narrow band cause I tried to program it for my dads FD. I can listen but it will not alert me. My dept has not gone narrow yet. But as i said I might of missed programed mine.

Bonanno

May 21, 2010
Neptune, NJ
Not narrow band. its 159.4500 i believe

And yep, i used the "user tones" option. Guessing I might just have to not use the Duty option and just not put the tones for duty crew in and just have the members use the monitor function for calls when on call.

psteele

May 20, 2010
43.864776 -71.635851
How many of them are you having problems with? I'm assuming that you purchased them used or they were donated? I had personally had issues with Min 3's and 4's in the past. They have stopped activating for no reason... One day they worked fine then all of a sudden they just stopped working. Maybe they've just had it.

As it's been said, its doubful that the small change in freq's has anything to do with it.

Just for giggles disable the on/off duty feature so that all of the tones are always on. If they activate then you will know it's in the programming.

Bonanno

May 21, 2010
Neptune, NJ
Yeah, when i get a chance I'm gona reprogram the 2 Min IVs without the duty tones and see what happens.

My squad got tired of relying on a local radio shop for programming after the last time they reprogrammed all of the pagers and they were all screwed up with half or so working properly. I'm slowly learning all the programming and working on them on a case by case basis. Ironically the only pager I have working properly was my pager which was the most complex to program with repeater, 2 separate frequencies and 4 different sets of tones, compared to no repeater 1 freq and 2 sets of tones and duty crew.

WhiteLite03

Oct 7, 2010
Middle Tennessee
Biggest downside now is that Moto no longer supports anything below the Minitor V's. We've got a few IV's at my department that are malfunctioning, and can't do anything with them, other than just buy more V's. On a side note, I never liked the IV when I had it; We have the stored voice model, and it only recorded 1 out of every 5 or 6 pages.

May 22, 2010
New York City
WhiteLite03 said:
Biggest downside now is that Moto no longer supports anything below the Minitor V's. We've got a few IV's at my department that are malfunctioning, and can't do anything with them, other than just buy more V's. On a side note, I never liked the IV when I had it; We have the stored voice model, and it only recorded 1 out of every 5 or 6 pages.

there are tons of places that you can send it to and pay for repairs.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.