Minitor IV, Station Package Audio Question

Alex

May 21, 2010
Queen Creek, AZ
I realize there are many topics regarding the use of the Minitor IV pager with amplified base charger as a station package or station alerting system.

My question is fairly direct pertaining to the audio that comes from the audio jack in the back.

A) When an external speaker is plugged into the audio jack of the charger base, will this prevent audio from the stock speaker?

B) How many speakers, like RadioShack Amplified Communication Speaker : Communication Speakers | RadioShack.com, could you run inline before requiring an amplifier?

I've attached a raw outline of my ambulance station below. This station houses (2) ambulance crews that are alerted via a two-tone page over a UHF radio system. Currently there is a minitor IV in each bedroom. Attached to the minitor IV is a LED red light strip. One facing inside the room and the other facing out into the day room.

I don't want to add more lights as I fear that I will need a power supply, as the current lights are triggered via the built in relay. I'm in interested in adding audio out into the day room, the bathroom, and possibley the apparatus bay.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Station Outline.jpg

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Alex said:
I realize there are many topics regarding the use of the Minitor IV pager with amplified base charger as a station package or station alerting system.

My question is fairly direct pertaining to the audio that comes from the audio jack in the back.

A) When an external speaker is plugged into the audio jack of the charger base, will this prevent audio from the stock speaker?

B) How many speakers, like RadioShack Amplified Communication Speaker : Communication Speakers | RadioShack.com, could you run inline before requiring an amplifier?

A- You will lose the audio from the amplifier, but it will still play through the pager's speaker itself.

B- It depends how loud you want it to be. I would say that you could get two at a pretty decent volume, but you should test it out with some mobile radio speakers if you have some available.

How about taking some pictures of this all setup, Id like to see the lights going off.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
theroofable said:
A- You will lose the audio from the amplifier, but it will still play through the pager's speaker itself.

That's not how it's designed to work. The pager's internal speaker should be muted when in the amplified charger. It sounds as though either your amplified charger or your pager has a problem. If memory serves, it's a ground signal on pin 4 that mutes the pager's internal speaker.

Alex

May 21, 2010
Queen Creek, AZ
shues said:
That's not how it's designed to work. The pager's internal speaker should be muted when in the amplified charger. It sounds as though either your amplified charger or your pager has a problem. If memory serves, it's a ground signal on pin 4 that mutes the pager's internal speaker.

So if I plug a speaker into the audio jack of the amplified charger both the speaker on the charger and the pager will be mute?

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
shues said:
I have 5 amplified chargers and several III and IV pagers, and they all play through both speakers when plugged in. So...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.