MInitor VI (Yes, it is the 6!)

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
Motorola released the Minitor VI today. Here's a link to their online specs and a downloadable spec sheet:

Minitor VI - Motorola Solutions USA

http://www.motorolasolutions.com/web/Business/Products/Pagers/MINITOR%20IV/MinitorVI_DataSheet.pdf

Highlights:

Band splits: 143-174 MHz, 406-430 MHz, 450-486 MHz, 476-512 MHz

UL or non-UL models available (non-UL are field serviceable)

1 or 5 channel models

8 position function switch

16 minutes of stored voice

User navigation between messages

Fast forward/rewind through a message

Lock messages

Delete all messages function (keeps saved messages)

Pulsed or steady vibrate modes

Improved battery contact

Voice announcements per position (custom messages can be used)

Charger can charge pager and spare battery at same time

About the same outside dimensions, but thinner than Min V

Pricing to be released this week.

Preorders 10 FEB

Ship 17 FEB

All Minitor V last order date 28 FEB

Last Minitor V shipping 31 MAR

Motorola will not offer a LOW BAND pager after the MIN V is done.

Minitor_VI_front_LG.jpg

Minitor_VI_3_4-left_LG.jpg

Minitor_VI_back_LG.jpg

Minitor_VI_side_1_LG.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
Marc M said:
Any word on price?
In the middle of my post, it says, "Pricing to be released this week."

If I had more info, I would gladly have included it in my initial post.

I'm just as interested as everyone else to know what it is going to cost.

brndnstffrd

Jun 25, 2013
Connecticut
Bad call on Motorolas part for not offering a low band version. I dont know how olong they plan on supporting the Minitor V but there are still alot of departments on low band, and they dont look to be changing anytime soon.

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
brndnstffrd said:
Bad call on Motorolas part for not offering a low band version. I dont know how olong they plan on supporting the Minitor V but there are still alot of departments on low band, and they dont look to be changing anytime soon.
Fully agree about the LB.

Typically, they'll support a product for at least five years and maybe longer after they discontinue regular production and sales.

FWIW, the V's are still available through the end of the month. Departments using LB could inquire about remaining available inventory if they were so inclined.

Also, I would guess that Motorola will offer some of their remaining inventory to large dealers to sell off. I don't think there will be any shortage of new V's for a while. That's just my guess, but there may be some bargains to be had as well.

I'm still mulling over the idea of asking the Chief to consider purchasing some more new V's, especially if we see some bargain pricing come along.

And, we may see a real flood of V's and older as agencies buy the VI's.

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
I have been wondering when the new minitor was going to come out. Too bad we just bought 10 new ones two weeks ago :D . I don't really care for the looks, but I do like new features!

Wheres the info with the minitor V last order date?

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
theroofable said:
Wheres the info with the minitor V last order date?

That info is in my original post just above the pics.

wduda152

Jun 5, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I'm curious about pricing and how it competes with the Unication G1 pager. I know it's comparing apples to potatoes here but at least the G1 is offered in low band models.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Steve0625 said:
In the middle of my post, it says, "Pricing to be released this week."

If I had more info, I would gladly have included it in my initial post.

I'm just as interested as everyone else to know what it is going to cost.

C'mon, Steve. Just make up something. Where's your imagination?

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
JazzDad said:
C'mon, Steve. Just make up something. Where's your imagination?
Much as it would have tickled my funny bone to no end to come up with a hugely inflated ficticious (sp?) price, I'm trying to keep the thread factual, if only to avoid creating or spreading rumors. That said, I am guessing (everyone take note, it's only a guess) that it will list price in the high $400 or very low $500 range for the 5 channel model. Dealer discounts or state contracts could pull it down to the $425 to $450 range. Much as we all might wish that it be priced lower than the current Minitor V, I find that doubtful.

Now, on to another tidbit to add to what we do know about the 6: It will use a USB cable to a custom programming cradle. Software should be available by the time the pagers are shipping. No word on price yet, but I am anticipating that it will be roughly the same as the Minitor V and Unication G1 programming kits.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I'm surprised it took so long to come out with the VI! I just hope that:

A) it doesn't feel like a brick weighing on your belt

B) hopefully there is the off to on (at low volume) has a little more leeway.

Don't get me wrong...I liked my minitor V b/c sound was great & signal often came in crystal clear in places where my IV previously wouldn't, but it weighed 3x as much as my IV and the lowest volume setting on the pager was freakin' loud!

I do like the new ability to fast forward through stored pages (some dispatchers take 3+ min to get to the "meat & potatoes" of the info with all the filler words & stuttering, when I just want the freakin address & type of call) & having an 8-position function switch...while I think channels A-D was sufficient for most, I know many depts that could benefitted from more positions on earlier monitors, particularly those depts that have Fire & EMS, b/c some members are fire-only, some are EMS-only, & some do both (ie a sample programming could be: A: tone for all calls in the district, B: vibrate for all calls in the district, C: alert for fire only, D: vibe for fire only, E: alert for EMS only, F: vibe for EMS only, etc. OR For larger depts with multiple stations, divide the channels by response zone).

wkr518

May 22, 2010
42.791127, -73.679758
brndnstffrd said:

True! About 15-20% of our pager orders are 33mhz-46mhz.Quite a few are the basic model.Offering Unication G1 in lowband at $456 each will tough compared to $370 for the V.Suffolk and Nassau counties on Long Island are still paged on 46mhz.I am glad Motorola also offered a non FM model on the VI,so maybe repair parts will be available to Dealers now! *fingers crossed*

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I don't see why its storage capacity is so low... it should use some type of mini sd card (like cameras and cell phones) so you can save messages.. store them on a computer etc.. then when a card is full and you want to keep them for a record, you buy a new card..

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
Got to toy with one about a month ago... (shh, no one if suppose to know that :ugh: ) I'm glad they lowered the amount of channels/options on the right. The one I got to handle had WAY too many. The idea that they wont support low band is ridiculous, I wasn't told that when I was at the facility messing with this thing. We'll see how long all of this lasts.

Also the thing about it I didn't like, the playback buttons. That may just be me though.

wkr518

May 22, 2010
42.791127, -73.679758
Various inside Motorola folks are bringing the lowband or lack thereof in the VI to upper management.Quite a few dealers had the same response as mine. WTF?

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
Another small bit of news: One single split from 143-174 MHz. No sub-bands. You can have one channel at 143.070 MHz and the second at 173.990 MHz if you want.

That will make life much easier on folks that need two or more channels that are spread way apart.

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
theroofable said:
That link takes me to a minitor V software download.
Oh crap! I linked the wrong URL and I apologize.

Yesterday, the software URL was on the Minitor 6 page. Today, it is not. It is available on the MOL site under Service News. I realize that folks would need an MOL account to access it right now, but I hesitate to make it available publicly here in the forum for those that don't. Motorola is very finicky about their software being improperly distributed.

It just came out yesterday. How about we give it a couple of days for Motorola to get their act together and get things like this properly posted?

rkreaves

Feb 18, 2014
Flomaton, Alabama
Steve0625 said:
The PPS Programing Software Version 1.04 has been released and is available for download from their website:

http://www.motorolasolutions.com/web/Business/_Documents/static%20files/MINITOR%20V%20software%201.7.2.zip

It can also be found on MOL right on the home page under Service News

The MSRP price list is out as well:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxAVX2o_3yDlT21wSWY2OG5pYkE/edit?usp=sharing

I have been trying and trying with MOL to get an account, they still haven't sent me anything. Do you have any idea aabout what I need to do? :confused:

I also contacted them via phone to purchase the MotoTRBO Connect Plus CPS and still have had no response.

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
rkreaves said:
I have been trying and trying with MOL to get an account, they still haven't sent me anything. Do you have any idea aabout what I need to do? :confused:
I also contacted them via phone to purchase the MotoTRBO Connect Plus CPS and still have had no response.
You need to set one up on their MOL website. Im not sure how they are about giving them out to the general public though.

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
Brian H said:
I received my 2 VI's yesterday....Programming cradle still hasn't arrived yet
Several dealers hang out in some communications forums that I frequent. They are reporting that the programming cradle is back ordered until April 8th. They are expecting their first quantity shipments of the VI's before the end of February.

This roll out is rapidly becoming a first class nightmare for Motorola.

I predict that once the programming cradles are in the hands of dealers and agencies, major flaws will be found in the PPS.

Brian H

May 25, 2010
Iowa
Steve0625 said:
Several dealers hang out in some communications forums that I frequent. They are reporting that the programming cradle is back ordered until April 8th. They are expecting their first quantity shipments of the VI's before the end of February.

I predict that once the programming cradles are in the hands of dealers and agencies, major flaws will be found in the PPS.

That makes me worry but I do know that on the packing receipt it did say expected shipping date of like March 24th for the cradle...

wkr518

May 22, 2010
42.791127, -73.679758
Steve0625 said:

Our cradles went from March 3rd to April 11th and are now at March 8th. I have about 60 pagers to program and kick out to customers.Don't jinx us on the PPS Steve :) Last thing we need.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.