Moisture in legend bar.

11b101abn

Jun 10, 2010
Georgia, United States
To anyone w/ experience:

How do I mitigate the amoute of moistire in my Legend/ I have removed the top covers once to align the TD/AL, then reaplaced them. they were seated propery and the screws are tight to point where they would be over torqued if tightened further. :evil:

Any other placed that would compromise the interior?

The problem is that after one recent heavy rain, I noticed that some of the LED's were glowing and there was water inside the bar. The glow spread to other lightheads and became an issue. I went home shortly after, and when I woke up that afternoon, the bar had dried out and the LED's wre good to go.

What gives? :shock:

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
I have seen very little problem with the federal bars getting moisture in them. You might want to take the top covers back off and make sure all the gaskets and everything are aligned properly.

nbkj58

Sep 29, 2010
Indiana, USA
There were some issues with the bars getting water in through the bottoms of the older ones. FedSig suggested sealing all holes in the bottom to prevent it.

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
nbkj58 said:
There were some issues with the bars getting water in through the bottoms of the older ones. FedSig suggested sealing all holes in the bottom to prevent it.

Yep - the first year or two had too many holes in the bottom. You can seal all the small holes up and just leave the round black vents un-sealed.

Also, a very common occurrence is people removing the barrel nuts that hold the domes down, and losing the o-rings that live under the head of the barrel nuts. When you remove the barrel nuts - don't lose the o-rings underneath! And make darn sure you don't lose the barrel nuts as they're pricy little guys.

You can also check the seal on the top edge of the 'lenses' (where the top dome contacts the edges of the bottom plastic) and just ensure that seal is all good.

Cheers

M

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.