MOPLI collection

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Very nice! I have seen a lot of your bars on youtube.

Very interesting collection of French beacons: teardrops and the AeroDynic Goldorak, of course. ;)

You also have a lot of classic American bars too! Great stuff you have! :D

How long have you been collecting, so far?

Reactions: Skip Goulet

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I love the large round traffic director stuff, both the stand alone and the one in a bar.... very cool

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Check out that red-blue TwinSonic in the top picture. Take a close look at the speaker section, is it just me, or are the speaker slots cut as horizontally arranged rows of vertical slots? If so, that's a very early production unit.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
In the very first picture at the top of the page, what is the red and blue lightbar on the right near the top, just below the two amber lightbars? (with small clear cutouts at the bottom)

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
That front part of a car your have is very cool!

Reactions: Doug
May 25, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
You could charge admission to see your collection. You have traffic hazard (battery operated) lights also, an interest of mine. Who make them in France? I know of German and UK companies, but not French. Are these all strobes? Thanks for posting, keep us updated.

mopli1982

Nov 4, 2010
Paris
hello, the traffic light are made by mercura french enterprises. The véhicules installed this traffic light are the traffic security public society. All traffic lights is french's and existing in small, medium and big format. (in the vidéo the model are small) Just the automatic panel, the traffic screen with the control box and the metallic structure are made by Mercura. The revolving lights are Germans (Hella)

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
HOLY SHIT!!!! And I thought I had a lot of stuff!! LOL Unbelievable collection and probably one (if not THE) nicest displays that I have ever seen!! I can see that a LOT of thought went into this display. I think the accident scene with the Porsche and the BMW is incredible as is the header and bumper from the Caprice. First time I have seen one in a display like that. The sun visors, are they from American cars or only European? If you could PM me with some information on them, I would like one or two for my collection. Might be able to do a little trading if you have some duplicates. Thanks.

Chuck

mopli1982

Nov 4, 2010
Paris
I Chuck, thank for yours comments, the sun visors are very difficult to get. They are made only for the police in France for unmarked vehicles. (only 3 jurisdictions: police services, mine clearance services, customs services) are the props that automobile manufacturers in the delivery of modified cars.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I know that SAMU is equivalent in French to EMS in English, but what about SMTS and SPHP?

As for déminage, mine clearing is just not something you see in America - I guess it's a relic from World War II?

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
mopli1982 said:
I Chuck, thank for yours comments, the sun visors are very difficult to get. They are made only for the police in France for unmarked vehicles. (only 3 jurisdictions: police services, mine clearance services, customs services) are the props that automobile manufacturers in the delivery of modified cars.

Can they be ordered from the auto manufacturer?

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
mopli1982 said:
nerdly_dood ==> lol, no it is not a relic, but a service to defuse a bomb, explosive ... This sun visor back in the 90. This service still exists.

Ah okay, I thought it meant that they were clearing minefields from the war. (The English term for what it actually means is "bomb squad")

OWSLICHT

Jul 25, 2010
The Netherlands
Hello,

that is an very complete collection and i lkove the way you displayed your collection.

I´m a dutch lightbar collector and mainly collect amber more modern lightbars.

I have an incomplete Mercura switching system, the switch console is missing, do you happen to have one spare?

Br,

Gerrit Jan

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.