More than 8 whelen lightheads synced using ULF44's?

dubs

Aug 20, 2018
indiana
Hey guys,

Is it possible to sync say 6 lightheads and 2 ULF44's (which are then outputting to 4 more lightheads each) to successfully sync 14 lightheads? I couldn't find confirmation and it's a big fork in the road for a project if it's not possible.

thanks for any insight.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I have 8 heads on 1 ULF44 synced 4x4 alternating and it works fine. (6 Feniex apollos and 2 12led heads).

Depending on head type you are using 1 head should draw no more than 1 amp. (Example Feniex T6 pulls .8 to 1 amp flashing) if the ULF44 is rated at 5 amps per outlet then you should be able to run 4 heads on 1 outlet similarly to what I did listed above.

dubs

Aug 20, 2018
indiana
Sorry I guess I wasn't clear. My question revolves around Whelens maximum number of lightheads that can be synced together (8.) I was wondering if a ULF44 only uses up 1 spot of the 8 total. Basically I need more than 8 Whelen lightheads synced together.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CHUCK4850

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.