Moto HT1000 help..FIXED :)

LED138

May 31, 2010
Bergen County, NJ
Hey guys,

Can anyone flash an HT1000 portable. I was reprogramming mine when my youngest came along and unplugged the cable from the computer. The radio does nothing right now, other than the light will flash green when I turn it on. The unit was working great prior to this. Also when I try to reprogram the radio it says that I have 96 channels in it :eek: . I only have 16.

-Steve

mojo3120

May 24, 2010
Charlotte, NC
You can't flash the HT1000, it doesn't have EEPROM. It sounds like you corrupted the codeplug, which is why you see random data in the wrong fields (96 channels). Do you have a backup of the codeplug?

I second the batlabs suggestion.....that's where all the radio gurus are.

mojo3120

May 24, 2010
Charlotte, NC
unlisted said:
:roll: I'm sure anyone who is a member on this forum can easily figure out where the "batlabs" forum is from the main page of http://www.batlabs.com/ ;)

The forum link is randomly buried in the list of "2-way" links. People don't even realize there's a forum there, you click on and start reading and reading and reading and end up 8 pages deep w/ no navigation.

Respondcode3

May 23, 2010
Northen Il USA
If you have a saved codeplug from the same radio you should be able to just use that to reprogram it. If not. You need to find a radio with the same exact model # and try to clone it from that one.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
+ 1 on the saved CPG file. IIRC, there is a way to "shove" a cpg into a radio, even with errors. Again, ask on batlabs, as I don't remember how to..

LED138

May 31, 2010
Bergen County, NJ
thanks for the replies guys. Im a member of batlabs also (and radio reference) but since I was browsing here I figured I would ask. I do have a saved codeplug, Ill have to try Dan's suggestion.

And there is no doubt there will be no little one running around when I do it.

-Steve

LED138

May 31, 2010
Bergen County, NJ
Well, I think I now own an HT1000 paperweight. For some reason the codeplug that was saved (prior to the incident) isnt working. I had a few others that I had saved and Im getting a model # mismatch error. I tried to force the others without reading it and got the same error.

Anybody got any other suggestions or can help me out to at least get it back to operating? I can reprogram it once it gets back to operating.

-Steve

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Can you 'clone' from one of the other codeplugs?

LED138

May 31, 2010
Bergen County, NJ
Respondcode3 said:
can you post the model #
Model # H01SDC9AA1AN

rwo978 said:
Can you 'clone' from one of the other codeplugs?

I tried to clone them but it keeps coming up with a model # mismatch. I bought this out of pocket online so all of my dept. radios dont match.

-Steve

mojo3120

May 24, 2010
Charlotte, NC
LED138 said:
Well, I think I now own an HT1000 paperweight. For some reason the codeplug that was saved (prior to the incident) isnt working. I had a few others that I had saved and Im getting a model # mismatch error. I tried to force the others without reading it and got the same error.

Anybody got any other suggestions or can help me out to at least get it back to operating? I can reprogram it once it gets back to operating.

-Steve

I installed TX/RX led's on my minitor programmer and found that when you write to the pager, it reads it first before writing. I found that you could force a codeplug by hitting write and letting it read a good one (same model #/rev.) then quickly swapping out the bad one before it writes.

No idea if that's how the RSS works or not. What did batlabs say?

LED138

May 31, 2010
Bergen County, NJ
Okay, so I had a breakthrough with the programming. With Mojo's assistance with the codeplug I was able to get the radio to operate...... But one drawback, the radio now only has 2 channels. Any idea how to get it back to 16?

-Steve

Respondcode3

May 23, 2010
Northen Il USA
Your radio was originally a 2 ch the was converted to a 16. Thats why a 16 ch codeplug wont work. It has to be bit banged with Hex editor to make it think its a 16 again

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.