Motorola Astro Spectra Systems 9000

I heard that in order to use the siren in the Motorola you need to also hook it up to the radio. Is this true? If it is, is there any way to use the siren without the radio or no? Also a wiring diagram would be nice, thanks.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
This is true. I have a new siren amp with DEK and its just a brick because I don't have a radio for it. :(

My understanding is that even with the radio, if the radio is not set up to "allow" the user to use the add on siren amp, it won't work. Due to that I have been hesitant to source a radio for mine when it really is just for shiggles.

• Haha
Reactions: Dave F

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.