Motorola CPS Cost?

mjMIff

Jun 2, 2010
Mid-Michigan
I signed up on the business site - what is the process for getting approval?

How much is the software? Does Motorola just charge per-license (not per radio right?)? Does it matter if the radios are P25?

Thanks!

Respondcode3

May 23, 2010
Northen Il USA
When I got my approval years ago it was phone call.. fax.. sign fax.. fax back. phone call... Phone call. Finally access...Depending on the model... as low as $200 and as high as $400 also the age of the radio comes into play.. Dont be suprised if stuff you want is not avalible. Any dos based RSS is gone.

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
I have a motorola online account and you can fill out the software agreement on the web site and get approved in minutes. The previous post is correct it will depend on model xtl and xts software can be bought in a package to save money, APX software does mobile and portable. The software can be downloaded from the web site and is bought for 3 years then you have to buy it again.

mjMIff

Jun 2, 2010
Mid-Michigan
The site said someone would contact me to setup the account. Is there a faster way that I missed?

We will be using it for XTS Portables and mobiles only.

Thank you!

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
you should be able to call the 1 800 number to speed up the process.

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
Expect about $265 for 3 years for a single product... there should be a combination part number for ASTRO25 Mobile and Portable (XTS1500, 2500, 4000, 5000/XTL1500, 2500, 5000, plus a few outliers) that is somewhat cheaper than buying the two pieces separate.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.