Motorola HT1000 convert-a-com SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBFD-E-9

May 24, 2010
Washington IL
Up for sale is a used, working convert-a-com set up. I just tested it less than a week before my HT1000 was stollen from my truck and it worked just fine. Comes with everything you see. You should only need an antenna setup to be up and running.

It's bulky and a little heavy, let's say $65 shipped? Partial trade for a Kenwood speaker mic for my TK372G. Feel free to make an offer.

Dan

ai9.photobucket.com_albums_a71_SBfirefinder08_Cummins_IMG_20160602_114814133_zpsjmpnyab3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: NVFD612

SBFD-E-9

May 24, 2010
Washington IL
I'm not very familiar with these, but I believe the box on the left side with the yellow wire, will boost the wattage. From what I was told this is a universal version, meaning it will work with VHF or UHF.

Someone else with more experience can chime in.

Dan

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
I saw your question and was waiting for the OP to answer.
This is a universal convert-a-com.
External Antenna input (big advantage)
Palm mic
Charging.
External, louder speaker
Those are the basic advantages to these. Turns your HT into a "low power" (because your still only using the HTs transmit power) mobile radio.

You power the black box with 12V and ground(Battery for 12V). Yellow wire goes to ignition controlled 12V. That way the system turns on and off with your vehicle.

You can very easily add a PA in the band that your operating to increase your transmit power. These are easier to find than finding a band specific convert-a-com with PA.

I used one for years with great success.

Reactions: SBFD-E-9

Jul 14, 2014
NV
I also used one for years. I'd snatch this one up, but like the OP, I don't have a 1000 anymore. We called them 'jerk and run's" back in the day.

Sep 9, 2015
Georgia
Still have this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Advancedstreet

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.