Motorola MaxTrac Programming

ncfd4303

May 20, 2010
Corning, NY
Well, I have the ribless cord and it works fine for ht750/1250 and cdm 1250 models. when i try to have the maxtrac and maxtrac 300 radios read, it says to make sure everything is on blah blah blah. do i need a RIB to make this work?

ncfd4303

May 20, 2010
Corning, NY
pretty much what i'm asking is do i need a RIB to program the maxtracs? the rib-less cables didnt work. i'm using the cps software and that works fine for the portables and mobiles i've done. just isnt working with the maxtrac.

asweezy

May 20, 2010
Wellsville, NY
Just keep using your ribless cable and illegal software while you are at it use a USB to serial adaptor. When you brick the radio you can take it to BRICO and have them try to fix it for you.

70 cutlass 442

Sep 17, 2010
WI
x2 slicktop solutions, what software are you using? the software will be different then the CDM and HT series. It will be an old dos bassed RSS

ncfd4303

May 20, 2010
Corning, NY
asweezy said:
Just keep using your ribless cable and illegal software while you are at it use a USB to serial adaptor. When you brick the radio you can take it to BRICO and have them try to fix it for you.

How do you know my department didnt buy the cps software legally? Kinda outlandish if you ask me. And no, we do not take our equipment to BRICO, we like to take our stuff to someone who knows what a fender mount "L" bracket is.

asweezy

May 20, 2010
Wellsville, NY
Because I know your chief, and I also know that the department would not purchase that there is no need to. Perhaps you got it from the county radio guy in Bath but even then you using it and having a copy is illegal. Also the fact your using a ribless cable that is not OEM Motorola and trying to read and write a Maxtrac with it tells me that you are very uneducated in the subject matter.

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
70 cutlass 442 said:
x2 slicktop solutions, what software are you using? the software will be different then the CDM and HT series. It will be an old dos bassed RSS

Um, not sure if you know this but HVN9025 will program both the HT750/1250/1550 and CDM750/CDM1250/1550 series of radios.

But he does need Maxtrac RSS to read/write to the radios. He also needs a new cable as the ribless one he is using I don't think will work with the Maxtrac regardless of being a Motorola unit or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
asweezy said:
Because I know your chief, and I also know that the department would not purchase that there is no need to. Perhaps you got it from the county radio guy in Bath but even then you using it and having a copy is illegal. Also the fact your using a ribless cable that is not OEM Motorola and trying to read and write a Maxtrac with it tells me that you are very uneducated in the subject matter.

Hey Andy,

Not to jump in the middle of anything, but how do you know he's not using a RKN4081 ribless cable with the RSS ttl converter built into the shell? You are aware that Motorola makes such a beast?

Just asking.

asweezy

May 20, 2010
Wellsville, NY
I don't 100% I just am aware of the individuals previous posts including asking on one of the previous boards where to download CPS. I am jumping to conclusions which I shouldn’t. I just know the statement about the department buying the CPS is completely false.

70 cutlass 442

Sep 17, 2010
WI
SlickTop Solutions said:
Um, not sure if you know this but HVN9025 will program both the HT750/1250/1550 and CDM750/CDM1250/1550 series of radios.

But he does need Maxtrac RSS to read/write to the radios. He also needs a new cable as the ribless one he is using I don't think will work with the Maxtrac regardless of being a Motorola unit or not.

Good to know, I have no need for newer CPS, so that is all new to me!

asweezy said:
I don't 100% I just am aware of the individuals previous posts including asking on one of the previous boards where to download CPS. I am jumping to conclusions which I shouldn’t. I just know the statement about the department buying the CPS is completely false.

Who cares, Im sure you have downloaded music before, or maybe even recorded a football game without the written consent of NFL and FOX. Its highway robbery what motorola charges for this software, and yes.. its unfortunate that the dealers are stuck paying for it. But delaers also want an arm and a leg to do simple stuff like change a couple PLs or what not.

Dave

May 21, 2010
bath ny
asweezy said:

Well it sounds like the OP was asking a question that he was unsure of. It really doesn't matter where the software came from. The OP has done a great job in our dept programming radios and saving us alot of time and money.

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
The CDM series of radios uses a 10 pin RJ (the number escapes me right now... ) connector for the mic which is where the programming cable also connects.

The MaxTrac and others including Radius have a 8 pin RJ connector and require a different cable. Best I can tell, the software is RVN4019 which is completely different from the HVN9025 for the CDM/HT's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.