Motorola Programming

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
I know this has been brought up many times before, but I am just wondering how hard and how much it would cost to get all the programming software and hardware to program radios. Thanks

Respondcode3

May 23, 2010
Northen Il USA
Legit.. Alot. Most Cables Rib and Ribless USB both OEM and aftermarket can be found on Ebay and Batlabs most are reasonable priced. The only true legit way to get the software is from Motorola they only support current and some models going back maybe 10 yrs. Software packages for current models run $2-300 depending . All your older stuff is not avalible. Not that it cant be found but not in a legal way. Motorola has really no sense of humor about RSS/CPS sales from anyone other than them.

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
It's harder than it looks, and if you screw it up the radio is a doorstop. Pay someone to do it the way you want, the correct way, and then when you get it the way you like it have them clone the rest of the radios, takes only a minute. Then just have them change the PTT ID's and you're done, and no doorstops.

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
I've used a RIB (non-USB) and a straight CAT5 cable and it worked fine. There are a lot of options (personally, I like to use the MDC-1200 signalling for more than just identifiers; I had our mobiles and portables set up in groups that could be called or checked with a long press of one of the buttons, and then select the radio(s) to be called or checked).

wkr518

May 22, 2010
42.791127, -73.679758
Software CPS H5177 $299 from Motorola direclty

Program cable with internal rib AAARKN4081 $150 from any dealer or Motorola directly

The software price covers a 3 yr license, in which you can get upgrades and new software updates, either via online at a Motorola account or via CDROM

We normally charge $19 per radio for reprogramming ( up to 32 channels )

Too bad you are 4 hours away.

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
wkr518 said:
Software CPS H5177 $299 from Motorola direclty
Program cable with internal rib AAARKN4081 $150 from any dealer or Motorola directly

The software price covers a 3 yr license, in which you can get upgrades and new software updates, either via online at a Motorola account or via CDROM

We normally charge $19 per radio for reprogramming ( up to 32 channels )

Too bad you are 4 hours away.

For $19 per radio i would make the trip.

The only programming i do myself is pagers - even in that i tread with caution.

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
I could always make a trip down there, just the only time I can make it is on a weekend, which you guys happen to be closed.

Radio Tech

May 27, 2010
Vermont
Take the ride over the lake into Vermont.

I'll open up on the weekend for you if my Motorola colleagues down in Albany can't hook you up. You buy lunch and we're even...

Edit: And I'm only 2.5 hours away.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.