Motorola / radio newbie question - VHF bands on a HT1000 portable?

wfd67

May 25, 2010
San Francisco area, CA
Okay, I understand what I don't understand, and radio jargon (beyond basic ol' scanners) isn't my bag.

I'm looking for a few HT1000 radios (used, budgets are tight) that will operate on the VFH range. Most channels will be listen only, six will need to be transmit/receive. All six of those channels TX/RX on the same frequency (if "simplex" is the correct term).

There's a few handfuls of them floating out in the cyber that identify themselves as Motorola HT1000 (that works) model number H01KDC9AA3DN. I read up a bit on the codes from what I could Google up (http://www.repeater-builder.com/motorola/motorola-suffixes.html), but I admit it didn't clarify it much.

Basic question I have is, are my basic requirements going to work on damn near any VHF radio in the right spectrum (146-174 MHz, most all sit in the 151-155 MHz area, and a few strays a touch higher), or do I need to ask specific questions before I flash the Visa to make it my own? I've seen some mention here of high and low bands 'n such, just didn't know if that mattered in this capacity. Thanks!

Respondcode3

May 23, 2010
Northen Il USA
a KDC Model Radio will cover 136-174 mhz That is what they are set up for. Unless the frequencies are narrowband like 1XX.7075 then the last letters of the model number have to be DN. They are solid radios and are pretty easy to use and program once you get the hang of them.

wfd67

May 25, 2010
San Francisco area, CA
Sounds like I'd be okay, then -- thanks!

None dig down into anything with four digits after the decimal; most channels are the "dot" frequencies on VHF for business use (the red, blue, green and purple dot, I think they were once), and three are pretty basic mutual aid fire channels we use out this way. Thanks again!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.