motorola XTL 2500 hands free mic help

dirtracer7207

Apr 19, 2012
Tonopah, nevada
alright so I am in the need of some help with a Motorola xtl 2500 using remote mount head. I would like to install a hands free mic. searching around on the web I found these two products from Motorola that would do the trick. however on both pictures of the products it just shows two exposed wires. so where do I wire them to.

I don't know if someone has tried this before and it was not worth it, I would think it would be better then having to grab a mic and bring it to your mouth. it would be easy and safer just to use a PTT and mount the mic on the visor or something.. so anyone who knows how to install this please help thanks.

rln5926_lg.jpg

rmn5054a_lg.jpg

tuckerm

Sep 4, 2014
Wisconsin
XTL High or Low Power?

You'll need to connect the two wires to the rear accessory connector. Look for the service manual, it'll tell you what J Pins are what. I do not know them off the top of my head.

dirtracer7207

Apr 19, 2012
Tonopah, nevada
i do not know if its low or high. i would think its high...

and where can i find the accessory connector. i opened the center console and there nothing plugged into the accessory.

tuckerm

Sep 4, 2014
Wisconsin
Sorry, I meant mid power. Look into the accessory plug pinouts for that radio, it should give you all you need to know. 

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.