Motorola XTS2500 Model 1.5 700/800 MHz with DES and ADP Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsxxr1300

Aug 6, 2014
FL
Hello all,

I have available a very lightly used XTS2500 Model 1.5 portable radio that is a 9.0 out of 10, is not an untagged 123ABC radio, and is ready to be connected to a 700 MHz or 800 MHz conventional system, a proprietary 3600 Motorola System, or a P25 digital system of your choice with valid programming. 

The feature set flashcode and capabilities are in the pictures and a picture of the radio itself. Along with the radio I will supply a "decent battery" and a full size 700/800 MHz whip antenna or the 800 MHz stubby shown in the pictures.  The lucky buyer can let me know when they close the deal which antenna they would like.

This radio also has a very rare DES/XL OFB encryption (UCM) module and is also capable of Motorola's proprietary ADP encryption.  While you might see tons of XTS5000's with DES, the executive and sexy sized XTS2500 is difficult to find equipped this way.

It was last programmed with version 15 CPS so any higher versions will read and program without issue but because this is an "A" version radio it will not go past R09.00.41 firmware or 256 channels due to memory limitations.

Price with USPS shipping with tracking to the lower 48 is $600.00 (paypal ok) and is sold as-is with no returns due to part swapping issues.  The price does not include any programming to trunking systems, encryption keys, or for the programming software. I will also not ship outside of the US due to the encryption.

Thanks for looking and please PM any questions.

mms_img1583816793.jpgRadio Info 1.jpgRadio Info 2.jpgRadio Info 3.jpgRadio Info 4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

danieldad

Jun 23, 2010
haddon twp nj
Hi there, --ok, our system just switched from a vhf (fd/ems/mut.aid)/ T band conventional system ( for all PD), that worked just fine, ...to a P25/phase 2 trunked tdma system, with all PD on ft encryption, & potentially entire system encryption in the near future.

Would this be compatible with the system? -as a medic, I'd really like to have a radio that is capable of giving me an update, --instead of just the county vhf dispatch,& 700 mhz response frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.