Motorolamaniac's Collection

May 21, 2010
Wilkes-Barre, Pa
This is a snapsot of my lightbars after finally getting them off the floor and up on display. The configuration is subject to change when I get more shelving units in place and can display beacons, sirens and miscellaneous lighting stuff.

This is about 2 1/2 years or so of collecting and restoring mostly AeroDynics and Twinsonics. All but two in the pic need some more work to be complete. Most of the domes on the Twinsonics are restored to like new. The AeroDynics all have NOS domes.

The Twinsonic 12EF in Amber was the first junkyard bar and first Twinsonic I ever got. That was the bar that led to what you see here so far. As you can see kinda like Ryan, I have an obsession with Twinsonics.

There will me more complete pics to come in the future.

[Broken External Image]:http://inlinethumb36.webshots.com/44131/2708684940103563214S600x600Q85.jpg

Top to Bottom Left

Twinsonic 12SX

Twinsonic 12X

Twinsonic 12

Twinsonic 12X

Twinsonic 12X

Code 3 MX7000 NOS

AeroDynic EAH

J-Cal NOS

Twinsonic 12

Twinsonic 12X with Visibeam mounted on TOP of speaker cover (its how that department wanted it)

Top to Bottom Right

Twinsonic 12EV

Twinsonic 12EF

Code 3XL

AeroDynic "LAPD" EH

Aerodynic 24CA

AeroDynic AeroTwinsonic 24RQ

Twinsonic CTS (15Z) dont ask I have no clue, its whats on the endcap

Twinsonic 12F

Twinsonic 12X

Twinsonic 12F (on sale now!!)

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
The AeroTwin is very nice and unique. You don't see much Aeros with all clear domes.

You must've worked hard on these babies and it shows!

I believe your couch is missing and deserves a good spot too! ;)

Very nice, man! :p

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
Holy Crap! I nominate you to be on the TV show "hoarders". As such, you should give me some of your stuff to get rid of it..............LOL Beautiful collection. I hope to have mine together for pics soon.

May 21, 2010
Wilkes-Barre, Pa
toon80 said:
The AeroTwin is very nice and unique. You don't see much Aeros with all clear domes.
You must've worked hard on these babies and it shows!

I believe your couch is missing and deserves a good spot too! ;)

Very nice, man! :p

Thanks to all so far.

Yeah, all I can say is there is a LOT of man hours in Twinsonic dome polishing on that wall. I refuse to polish Aero domes which is why I go new or NOS. The time is worth it in the end though.

Thats not the first couch comment I've received... in its 1960's glory

May 21, 2010
Wilkes-Barre, Pa
ERIC6913 said:
hey jeff,
let me know if you need a speaker cover with visi-beam cut-out :D

Already have one new in box. Decided to leave it this way since it is how I received it from the department that ran that bar. I just got done doing a major overhaul on that bar. It was in horrible shape.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Real great collection there, man :D !

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
How much does a pair of new AeroDynic domes cost from fedsig or from one of their representatives?

What price range? Does it depends on the color?

Thanks!

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
toon80 said:
How much does a pair of new AeroDynic domes cost from fedsig or from one of their representatives?
What price range? Does it depends on the color?

Thanks!
depends on the length. depending on your dealer, anywhere from about 110.00-150.00 per side.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
A fine collection indeed!

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Twinsonic CTS (15Z) dont ask I have no clue, its whats on the endcap

I think the CTS1-5Z is the designation for custom CTS-1 made for a non-California department such as Multnoma, Oregon. They had all blue CTS-1's with the amber cut out in the rear of the driver's side dome, like all CTS-1's, plus a red cut out in the front.

luckyducky

May 22, 2010
NorCal
stansdds said:
I think the CTS1-5Z is the designation for custom CTS-1 made for a non-California department such as Multnoma, Oregon. They had all blue CTS-1's with the amber cut out in the rear of the driver's side dome, like all CTS-1's, plus a red cut out in the front.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!

ITS THE HOLY GRAIL OF ALL CTS LIGHTBARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND MOTOROLA HAS IT :lol:

possible, but doubtful. :)

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
luckyducky said:
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!

ITS THE HOLY GRAIL OF ALL CTS LIGHTBARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND MOTOROLA HAS IT :lol:

i dont think so. i got one from u-man marked the same as well :D

May 21, 2010
Wilkes-Barre, Pa
luckyducky said:

Even if it was ( its not) it would have to have the ORIGINAL factory blue CTS dome. As Ryan said, its not UNcommon, but there probably are fewer out there than a regular CTS-1.

Look for Shawn L he has an original Multnomah CTS.

CFD125

May 21, 2010
Carver, Mass.
stansdds said:
[/quote:3kws4pa7]

I don't think that Multnoma County had a red front cutout. Shawn L. has mentioned that the forward facing Par46 bulb flashed thought the BLUE lens, as opposed to steady burn, like on a regular CTS.

I do know that Ryan has made a few of the blue CTS domes, with a front red cutout, but I don't think it was ever offered by Fed-Sig.

Blue Twinsonic domes with amber rear cutouts were also used here in Mass. As a mattter of fact, Ford Dealers NOS blue CTS dome came from a police supply house just 25 miles from Carver.

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
There is a fellow around here who wholesales used cars and he has an all clear domed AeroTwinsonic on a '91 Suburban he obtained at a surplus auction from a local city's fire department. It was stored inside it's whole life and the domes were in great shape, but it has been outdoors since he had it, which has been about 6-8 months, and they look like they have gotten a bit weathered. Last time I spoke to him about it, he said he would swap it for an Edge strobe bar.

Whaddya think guys, fair deal, should I go for it? I have the Edge but don't need the Aero. Anybody here interested in it if I get it? Let me know.....

May 21, 2010
Wilkes-Barre, Pa
03crownvic said:
There is a fellow around here who wholesales used cars and he has an all clear domed AeroTwinsonic on a '91 Suburban he obtained at a surplus auction from a local city's fire department. It was stored inside it's whole life and the domes were in great shape, but it has been outdoors since he had it, which has been about 6-8 months, and they look like they have gotten a bit weathered. Last time I spoke to him about it, he said he would swap it for an Edge strobe bar.
Whaddya think guys, fair deal, should I go for it? I have the Edge but don't need the Aero. Anybody here interested in it if I get it? Let me know.....

I love my clear aerotwin. Be worth it for a good price. Put some pics up in the sale section I bet you get some bites.

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
twinsonics.jpg

motorolamaniac said:
Even if it was ( its not) it would have to have the ORIGINAL factory blue CTS dome. As Ryan said, its not UNcommon, but there probably are fewer out there than a regular CTS-1.

Look for Shawn L he has an original Multnomah CTS.

I have a few original oregon CTS bars from mcso, ONLY one still has the blue domes on it, as they were recycled through the fleet into the mid 90's on animal control trucks and stuff, NONE of these bars have any odd endcap markings, just CTS.

to my knowlage there was ONLY one bar that was tested with the red steady panel in a blue lense, that was ditched and all the ones that were installed were blue domes with 1 amber rear panel, some bars used 1 flasher for the front and rear par46's , some bars had 2 flashers and some had 1 flasher that alternated front and rear.

many of these bars are featured on the early (season 2 or 3 ) of cops shows.

twinsonics 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
May 21, 2010
Wilkes-Barre, Pa
diggerdug.517 said:
Very Nice Sir !! but, the lights or the truck, you can't have both !! lol

So goes the auto restoration world! I wish the shop where she's at to get the bulk of body and paint done would get to it soon so I can see what kind of debt I will be in. The collection may be thinned more. I already have plans for some liquidation, just have not had time with recent changes at work, were migrating to the new fangled As/400 system (sarcastic eye roll) for those who may be familiar with this.

Anyway, hope to have both, but a little less collection perhaps is in store.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.