Mounting Whelen bar to '07-'10 tahoe/burb rack?

G1159

May 23, 2010
Southern New England
Has anyone mounted an LFL or 9m/Freedom to the luggage rack of a 07-10 tahoe or suburban?

It seems very possible to put long enough studs from the bottom of the rack upward into the feet and apply nuts. Anyone tried it and if so pictures?

Thanks.

NHFDFF81

May 21, 2010
New Hampton , NY
I would contact a whelen dealer and see if they have made a kit for those vehicles for rack mounting, I know they make/made one for the explorers. Good luck-JOEYD

John_Eguar

Aug 16, 2010
Hey i need some help, i am trying to pick between a 911ep lightbar and a Sho-me, has anyone had these brands before ?? sho-me looks like shit

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
Just get the strap kit and mount it to the roof. The 2 small holes are in the door jam which may be covered by the moulding when removed.

We have Tahoes with the 9m's on the luggage rack. It looks horrible and it is also tougher to find an automatic carwash to go through that has the clearance.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I have my Whelen 9622 mounted to my roof rack... The feet are on the roof and I had a spare set of straps that I cut to the length I needed... Then I drilled 2 holes per side and bolted it down, then used the long bolt that comes with the strap kits to hold it together. Here's what it looks like...

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_Mobile_20Uploads_27a3fafc.jpg

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_Mobile_20Uploads_8432bd54.jpg

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_Mobile_20Uploads_2ede5394.jpg

It's been holding strong for over almost 2 years with no problems...

blazinSS934

Jul 2, 2010
Long Island NY
Not to bust anyones chops but seeing that last picture brings up a little pet peeve of mine. Please use stainless steel fasteners on your installs people. Nothing ruins an excellent install, then the nasty rust drip stains.

Just my 2 cents

Sal

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
blazinSS934 said:
Not to bust anyones chops but seeing that last picture brings up a little pet peeve of mine. Please use stainless steel fasteners on your installs people. Nothing ruins an excellent install, then the nasty rust drip stains.

Just my 2 cents

Sal

Yeah, I thought they were... But when I took those pics the other day I noticed it... They will be replaced this weekend... LoL

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
blazinSS934 said:

Just my 2 cents

Sal

I noticed that as well and I was going to say the same.

G1159

May 23, 2010
Southern New England
FYI:

Whelen's Ford Expedition (2003-2004) Roof Rack Mount Works with the 2007+ Tahoe/Burb/Avalanche Roof Racks. Not bad for quick disconnect with a wrench.

Not blessed by OEM, but just figured I'd share. Pics if anyone cares...

IMG00012-20090615-2115.jpg

IMG00012-20090615-2115.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.