Support Move catalog links

May 21, 2010
Western Montana
Good morning and happy new year! Like the new crisper look although would it be possible to move all the catalog links at the beginning of the Vintage section to a separate forum/category so that you don't have scroll down each time to start reading the actual posts? Not a big deal, but just a PITA to have to scroll down each time I visit to find the actual forum messages. Maybe this can be avoided with some type of configuration change in the settings; if so, please advise.

Thanks.

AB

Reactions: JohnMarcson

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
I don't see why that couldn't be done. @Jman423 would be the guy to do so. I think keeping them in the Vintage area is most appropriate, but maybe a subfolder of sorts could be created.

Upvote 0

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I would love to make an actual catalog archive. I have 10s of thousands of pages of catalogs (mostly Whelen) that need scanned and uploaded.

Upvote 0

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
Can someone link me to the list of catalogs in question here?
If I am understanding correctly, he is referencing the various Stickied threads we have for each manufacturer in the Vintage / Collectible discussion area. It is quite a long list that makes new threads appear a long ways down the page

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
If I am understanding correctly, he is referencing the various Stickied threads we have for each manufacturer in the Vintage / Collectible discussion area. It is quite a long list that makes new threads appear a long ways down the page
OK. I looked at those earlier and 90% of the links or images were broken. Is it even worth having those threads stickied any longer?

Upvote 0

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
OK. I looked at those earlier and 90% of the links or images were broken. Is it even worth having those threads stickied any longer?
That is a fair point. Would it be worth consolidating the posts that still have valid images in to ONE new all encompassing catalog thread? I have a few days off here that I could dedicate to accomplishing that.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
That is a fair point. Would it be worth consolidating the posts that still have valid images in to ONE new all encompassing catalog thread? I have a few days off here that I could dedicate to accomplishing that.
I created a page in that forum section that we can use to build a list of links in various ways. I would just need links to the documents/images that could be hosted on Google Drive, iCloud, DropBox, or whatever other type of hosting that allows hot-linking. We can upload documents to our own server as well, it's just more complicated since Xenforo isn't setup for cloud storage.

Upvote 0

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
@AuroraBorealis Is the Vintage section looking a little better now? We have removed the individual stickied threads and compiled the images that were still valid into ONE stickied thread. Jman is also working on a more interactive Catalog Archive.

Upvote 0
May 21, 2010
Western Montana
@AuroraBorealis Is the Vintage section looking a little better now? We have removed the individual stickied threads and compiled the images that were still valid into ONE stickied thread. Jman is also working on a more interactive Catalog Archive.
Tony, yes, much better! Would be nice if the forum just started with posts and move ALL of the remaining reference stickies elsewhere (even if they are still relevant), but I'll take what I can get! Thanks very much for accommodating this request!

AB

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.