Movies & Television: Police, Fire & EMS Vehicles

LineSpotter

Nov 6, 2013
AmericanSouthwest
An obscure movie with a ton of vintage lighting scattered through it....
The Milpitas Monster (1976)
Interesting in that has a really broad mix of lights, Beacon Ray's, Aerodynics, even strobes

Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 7.37.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-05 at 7.33.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-05 at 7.39.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-05 at 7.32.01 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: WhelenNDealin

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
OK COPS is a given fish in a barrel one, but here are the two famous "Get on it Mel!" chases from the Cleveland episodes. Lousy video quality, but you can still see Edges aplenty and hear the music of the WS-227a.

At the end of the second chase, you can hear the WS-227a, but I swear that I also hear a PA-300 and sounds like there's another siren there too.

Reactions: CrownVic97

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
From the Chris Rock Show. Features an r/r Streethawk that somehow transforms into an r/b Jetsonic! Also some Visions/Vectors .

Impala9C1

Sep 28, 2018
Arizona

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
If this works. Alf Season 2 Episode 17. Jump to 20:20 near the end. Several beacons. some two and 3 bulbs. Let the two blank ad pages run by.

Alf 3.JPGAlf 2.JPG
Alf 1.JPG

Last edited:

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Kinda hard to figure out what each one is....but still neat to see nonetheless!

Impala9C1

Sep 28, 2018
Arizona
I did not feel like jumping. Beverly Archer was very "Gunny". Too bad they had to tape the bars. They look really silly. It would have been better if they got some really faded lenses to keep the brightness down.
Capture.JPG

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
From the 2018 TV Series "The Rookie." In episode 2 you will see how the new officer in training gets a special "shop" aka patrol car issued to him because of all the newer patrol vehicles he has crashed. You don't see too many 1973 Chevrolet Impalas running this type of Aerodynic bar.

View attachment 215352View attachment 215353View attachment 215354
There are so many things wrong with this production but the notion that the LAPD keeps a circa 1975 Black & White in service, a make/model that was never used by the Dept, is the most preposterous of all

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan
From the 2018 TV Series "The Rookie." In episode 2 you will see how the new officer in training gets a special "shop" aka patrol car issued to him because of all the newer patrol vehicles he has crashed. You don't see too many 1973 Chevrolet Impalas running this type of Aerodynic bar.

Before I got promoted, I made it a point to drive the oldest car we had. Kept it really clean. I don't understand new guys. Always want to drive the new cars. Not me. What's one more dent or scratch on a rag?

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan

Anyone seen the LED bars? They look almost white until turned on.

Dum show. Did 23 years on the cops, was hired at 38. Never saw any issues about age. Best cops I had as a sergeant were 3 girls and a couple retired navy guys, also older. Finish muster, head them out, wouldn't hear from them until the next morning. Did their jobs, no issues. I got flack from guys a few times when I said I wanted a squad of Beckys, Lauras, and Brendas. Some of the younger guys had so many issues, and I confirmed the fact that younger guys go on the rag.

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
We have talked about the Mayberry light many times on here. But does anyone know what the siren was on the Mayberry car?

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan
No vehicle, but Army of Darkness, Vitalite inside the S Mart.

Army-of-Darkness-Ash-S-Mart.jpg

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
K-Mart had the blue light specials Vitalite
before moving to strobes on a pole.

I remember the strobes on a pole! As a kid, I always wanted one of the little carts with the light on the pole. I thought that it'd be so cool to push it around the neighbourhood with the strobe lit and the cart decked out to look like a police vehicle. Loved seeing them in the stores. Was more interested in the light cart than anything else in the store.

Reactions: Skippy and LRGJr72

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Led a sheltered life, did you?

I suppose that sheltered could be one word for it. Personally, I'd go with something a bit more clinical like atypical or irregular.

Impala9C1

Sep 28, 2018
Arizona
Kolchak: The Night Stalker 1974 Starring Darren McGavin .

Attachments

• kol 3.JPG
    kol 3.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 19
  • kolchak s1 e1 the ripper.JPG
    kolchak s1 e1 the ripper.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 19
  • Kolchak The Night Stalker S01E11 Horror in the Heights.JPG
    Kolchak The Night Stalker S01E11 Horror in the Heights.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 14
  • koplchack 2.JPG
    koplchack 2.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 14

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Wonder why die Polizei is chasing Falco? Looks like he pissed off Der Kommissar. Possibly by being the Eurotrash equivalent of Vanilla Ice in this video or possibly due to him creating the abomination known as "Rock me Amadeus".

Reactions: redrdr67

GranPrix

May 23, 2010
FL

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.