Movies & Television: Police, Fire & EMS Vehicles

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
I remember the strobes on a pole! As a kid, I always wanted one of the little carts with the light on the pole. I thought that it'd be so cool to push it around the neighbourhood with the strobe lit and the cart decked out to look like a police vehicle. Loved seeing them in the stores. Was more interested in the light cart than anything else in the store.

This is the K-Mart Blue Light I remember. s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: Tony P

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan
Law and Order s2 e10 Heaven. Fire at a club. Opening scene has a bunch of 1990s FDNY trucks responding: Mars lights on Mack CF engine and cowling of battalion vehicle, NIghtfighter spotlight, the usual Aerotwinsonics, Fireball on dash of detective car.

unityrv26

Mar 4, 2012
Michigan
Just watched the movie "Funny Farm" with Chevy Chase. There is a scene with a low budget ambulance. I don't have video but the ambulance has a red Fireball II on top!

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
One of my favourite movies.

No, wait - you said fireball.

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan
Ahh, it's that time of year: Godfather Marathon on AMC.

15778366923_f41ed3e3f3_b.jpg

i066983.jpg

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Johnny English Strikes Again.

JESA.jpg

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
The Christmas Chronicles.

Chronicles.jpg

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan
Why do modern fire engines have bells anyway? I watched lots of videos of fire engines responding and I've never heard the bells ringing.
Tradition. Used to be the only warning device. They used to be handed down truck to truck, or engraved with the company officers names at the time the truck was bought. We had an officer who used to ring it when responding. You could really hear it, we always knew who that truck officer was.
Same argument you'll get about rotorays, mars ligjts, Q sirens.

Impala9C1

Sep 28, 2018
Arizona
CLOPS Filmed frame by frame with the animated men and women of law enforcement.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 7
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 8

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Great pics of a Vitalite in use!
Can you recall an episode with the light running?

I was thinking Vitalite. My wife called me in to see when she was watching. I scanned through several episodes to find these pics. Haven't seen it lit up yet. I will look some more tonight.

Reactions: dmathieu

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
I have scanned through tons of episodes and they never turn on the light or use the siren. I do see the eye shield on it sometimes.

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Police pursuit training video from 1990 from the Ontario Police College featuring the Dominion Auto Crossbar, D&R Electronics' version of the LP6000 with oscillating rotators, S&W lightbar, and a Jetsonic. I don't ever remember seeing a Jetsonic ever during my childhood around this time. Just the DA crossbar, LP6000s, Twin 12x's and Aero 24 EAH-Ts.

1974 video about the Ontario Provincial Police. Features the Dominion Automotive Model 357. That's one tall beacon! I've never seen a skirt like that. It's not even a skirt; it's more like some sort of Mormon chastity dress. Side-note: all police training is standardized at Ontario Police College and OPP Headquarters is now in Orillia, Ontario.

Listen for a GE Powecall Warble when they first show boats from the Marine Unit!

1981 recruiting video for the OPP. DA crossbars galore!

Last edited:
Reactions: Skippy

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
A Couple Coffee Cans screwed together and painted white? Looks like a Siren off the firetrucks with a Muzzle.. but thats just my Impression...

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
My guess is that it is some kind of ”in house” build air intake instead of the original grill.
The white painted siren look like a Federal EG and the chrome siren on the photo I uploaded look like a Federal WG with the four point base.

Michael

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.