Moving LAWs and plugging the hole?

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
I'm driving a 2010 Explorer with Axitech TRI LAWs in the driving lamps. The installers put them in through the bottom of the lamp housings. They show up ok at night but not so much during the daytime. I'm considering removing the factory bulbs and moving the LAW heads to the spot where the factory bulbs were at the rear of the housing. Figure they ought to be a good bit brighter looking that way since they'd be utilizing the reflector "sweet spot".

My question is what would be the best way to plug the hole in the bottom of the housing? I was thinking of just siliconing a circular piece of PVC over the hole, but I'm not sure how that would hold up long term. Maybe some mirror-reflective tape on the PVC so there's not a dead spot in the housing. Suggestions?

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Aluminum foil duct tape. Been holding good and strong for me for over 5 years on a bad strobe hole so far. I just used two pieces- one over the other, so its double thick.

Just make sure you prep/clean the immediate surrounding area of all glue/silicone/dirt/etc and it will stick good.i used 99% rubbing alcohol to prep. (including using a razor blade first to scrape away all the silicone.

http://shop.dryerbox.com/s.nl/it.A/id.224/.f

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.