Mpc01 and bl627 programming

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
You absolutely have to give it to whelen for designing a product that needs programming and addressing in order to work before you even get to wiring the strobes in. If you ever get the chance to read the manuals it doesn't say how you address them when you are hooking them up it just says this address flip these dip switches this pattern. But lo and behold they don't tell you they have to be the same all the way around or it won't work. The mpc01 can't find the isp188c which is going to mimic a blink setup if the address doesn't connect to the bl627 siren. Omg I was pulling my hair trying to figure this thing out and then decided, hey let's put them all on the same address and see what happens. Voila everything talks to everything now, cept I misconnected the cables for the strobes and when I hit the buttons or slide switch I programmed it was wrong.... DOH!! but easily resolved with a few mins of unplug and shift while turning on switch and now the whole rear is setup how I like it, cept I'd rather a cometflash pattern over double flash.... Ohh well back to more reading.

Attachments

• 16227418946864400058129944861986.jpg
    16227418946864400058129944861986.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 5

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Should be comet flash pattern.
I believe the ISP188C only does comet. The ISP188 is the one that has multiple flash patterns.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Well in blink mode it only has 1 flash pattern, in regular mode it has multiple patterns and that's a bummer to me. So I set it to be a cross pattern left to right for deck and tail lights and right to left backup lights. I learned I can't do led's in my rear deck cause my tiny is too dark for those weak lights.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CHUCK4850

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.