MSP Airport and VA Hospital

Bord141

May 27, 2010
St. Paul, MN
Finally got around to post some pics.

The Tahoe is from the Minneapolis VA Hospital. Whelen Freedom bar with LR11 LED takedowns, LED Opticom Emitter, MR16 Alley Lights. Rear mini-Liberty bar.

I still find it amazing that the rear of the Freedom bar is loaded with LED's even with the mini-Liberty. But, this is the Government, go big or go home!

The mass casulty unit is actually owned by Homeland Security even though it' says MSP Airport. One of the perks of having the goverenment purchase it and needing a place to store it. It has only seen use up near Fargo during the floods last year to transport hospital patients.

CIMG0056.jpg

CIMG0057.jpg

CIMG0091.jpg

CIMG0092.jpg

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
English is not my first language, but shouldn't it be "Protecting those who served" ? :oops:

ParkPiggy

May 21, 2010
Northeast Ohio
The VA Police up here have all white vehicles. They almost look like the other federal "police", DHS, CBP, etc. Thought they were all the same nation-wide.

Bonanno

May 21, 2010
Neptune, NJ
My First Aid Squad is possibly getting the SAME bus purchased for us by the county through the State EMS Task force. It will be interesting though as we will need to expand our building to house it as well as several other pieces of equipment we just got. We are OUT of room even though we just expanded about 10 Years ago... we'll be storing 10 pieces of equipment compared to 4 10yrs ago.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
TheGatekeeper said:
English is not my first language, but shouldn't it be "Protecting those who served" ? :oops:

That's what I was thinking, too

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
"Who" sounds better but I suppose it could go either way.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
im probably wrong here but the word "whom" means showing ownership.

protecting those whom served.

but "that" works.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
ParkPiggy said:
The VA Police up here have all white vehicles. They almost look like the other federal "police", DHS, CBP, etc. Thought they were all the same nation-wide.

I'm not sure that I have ever seen a B/W fed car before. If the rides were purchased from a local source it may be a case of B/W being all they could get without waiting longer than they wanted, though it sure looks like a for-real marking job

John Hearne

May 27, 2010
Pontotoc County, MS
Fed vehicles are either leased from GSA or purchased outright by the agency. GSA vehicles are almost always white and they get whiny about holes poked in them. Vehicles purchased out right are liable to be in other colors as they they are purchased from local dealers like everybody else.

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
Anyone notice that the chevron's are directing traffic to the middle of the bumper, instead of away from the vehicle???

squad511

Oct 4, 2010
here
Yup that Tahoe was all my design...first one that I designed from the ground up. Did I make a mistake on the grammar? Yup sure did...as far as the chevrons go..mea coupla that was my mistake as well..but then again my chief and Captain liked it so what can you say? That truck SCREAMS at night and is set up to be a command post as well...

squad511

Oct 4, 2010
here
Oh and as far as the Black and Whites go..there are several VAs that use Black and WHite squads...howevere these will probably be the last for Minneapolis VAMC as the the Director of Law enforcement for the VA has since ruled that all new VA Police vehicles will be white with the same lettering and graphics package....

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
both look pretty cool.

i always found it pretty funny how many lights some buses have; with the exception of having personally only ever seen 1 bus responding Code 3 (an FDNY command bus headed to a big 10-75 last summer), i've only seen them parked on the street and occasionally moving for relocation

Steady Fred

Sep 4, 2010
US, CA
The local VA was running black-and-white cars, but the last time I saw one of their guys, he was in a white CVPI. I asked him about it, and he said that the VA Police is going to all white cars, with the same graphics nationwide.

Cam

May 20, 2010
MO
Seem like a lot of light to patrol a hospital parking lot. Do they have multiple location they serve or something?

Bord141

May 27, 2010
St. Paul, MN
I was wondering why a Liberty on the back when the Freedom is almost fully populated in the rear of the bar. I guess they have tax money to burn!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.